The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

question about replacing atomizer head on evod clearomizer -

Discussion in 'eGo Type Models' started by Berryc, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Berryc

Berryc Full Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    UPDATE: I replaced the atty in another clearomizer and that was fine. So, I'm wondering if I got a bad atty? I went ahead and replaced the potentially bad one and will see if it works better.

Hello,
    For the first time today, I replace the atomizer head on my Kanger evod ego bottom coil clearomizer.

I let it sit for about 10 minutes and fired it up and got a burnt taste and stopped immediately.

Should I wait longer? Maybe shake it?

Did I burn the wick and will I need to put in a new atomizer?

Thanks for helping a newbie!

CB

2. vincentk18

vincentk18 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2010
    San Antonio
    There's no way you burnt the wick, atomizers don't get anywhere near hot enough to scorch silica. Secondly, you might be firing it at too high of a voltage or wattage which can scorch the juice itself and give a burnt/off taste. Try turning your device, if it is variable power, all the way down and see if it still happens.

Then if it persists, if you have an extra head replacement, pop it in and see if your problem disappears. If so, mystery solved :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.