question about settings for cloupor gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannon walker

Aug 4, 2015
Ok my device is a cloupor gt 80watts 7.0 volts fires down to .15 with kanthal. My build is dual clapton coils 24 gauge core with 30 gauge outer wrap 6 wraps around a 3/32 screwdriver ohms out to .26 .

My question is when I set my device to 80 watts in vw mode it says it's firing about 4.45 volts which is really close to my calculatorbut of by just a little no problem there but when I put it in vv mode and turn it to the full 7.0 volts it says it's only firing at 76.4 watts and seems to ramp up faster in vv mode can someone please help me understand what'sgoing on?

As always thanks

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hmm your right so my device is just putting out 76 watts or so max? No matter what

Seems like that's the case. It's only 5% below spec and everything has a tolerance on it. It might actually be the watt meter that's off a bit and it's really making more than 76 watts. I wouldn't worry about it, but that's just me :)

shannon walker

Aug 4, 2015
Seems like that's the case. It's only 5% below spec and everything has a tolerance on it. It might actually be the watt meter that's off a bit and it's really making more than 76 watts. I wouldn't worry about it, but that's just me :)
Yes I agree thank you very much. The book just happens to say it's power efficiency is only 95% lol

Reactions: Ryedan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread