Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Someone brought my attention to the fact that some juices are made in environments that may not be optimal to our health. Being such a new industry I'm sure there are many opportunists making juices strictly for the short-term profits instead of quality and safety. I am impressed by your mission statement, Geoff, and your commitment to creating a successful business.

Most of us are new to the vaping world and don't know what questions to ask a supplier that we are considering purchasing from. I would like to know what sanitary standards should be followed by suppliers when mixing juices and if this is something we need to consider when choosing our vendors. What measures should be taken to ensure our safety?

I feel confident that you are meticulous and follow standards above industry norms.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well, I certainly don't work in my underwear in a dirty basement, surrounded by used syringes and dirty dishes....

I work from a clean home office. I wear rubber gloves when working with liquids, for sanitary reason and because a lot of these flavorings get on your fingers and over the long term will stain them. I don't want a handful of diseased looking yellow fingers from handling coffee, chocolate and natural vanilla all the time.

Stacks of hand towels are kept at my work station. Wet and dry and my work area is wiped down MANY times during the day.

My hands get washed probably 10 times a day if not more, not only for sanitary reasons, but because PG and VG as well as flavorings are just damned sticky and I have a phobia about having sticky hands.

Bottles are kept covered until they are needed and checked for any debris before I begin mixing, and wiped down when I am done mixing an order.

Flavoring bottles are wiped down constantly to avoid any dust buildup.

The two work stations are stocked with rubber gloves and hand sanitizer and anybody working with me is urged to use both throughout the day.

I don't allow food to be eaten at nor brought to any work tables. Carpets are vacuumed daily and kept as free of debris as much as possible.

It is a home office that has been converted into what amounts to a small chemical laboratory that deals with food grade items. So it has to be kept as clean as possible. I would be abhorred if I bought food grade product from anywhere and it had obvious traces of someone else's dna on it or in it, I simply apply that thought to how I treat YOUR product.

Last edited:

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
LOL Oh no, now I can't get that image out of my mind!!

Thanks for taking your valuable time to respond. I think it's more important than most realize and I just knew you would have a good system set up to ensure cleanliness. :) You seem like a perfectionist kind of guy and that's why you're business will be very successful!

Thanks again!

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Perfectionism has been both a blessing and a downfall in my life. I'm just trying to put that annoying side of me to positive us in my endeavors with Tasty Vapor. My wife is the same and she'll be joining the ranks fulltime in two weeks. She has taken quite a positive role in the development of Tasty Vapor as well as handling the financial and bureaucratic ends of things. She'll make a phenomenal addition to our endeavors.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yes, her name is Ramilya. She's very kind, very friendly and people oriented and happy to answer any questions any of you may have. For this I am VERY thankful for as it frees up more time for me to get more orders out the damned door!

I'm also hovering near by whispering things in her ear if she doesn't know, but I tell ya, she's picking up QUICK. Pretty soon she'll be able to answer hardware questions and such as well.

Now I just desperately need someone to help me on the mixing tables so orders don't fall WAY behind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread