Question About the Passthrough Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizen-sama

Verified Member
Feb 25, 2010
New Jersey
Hey there, I just placed an order for the Saber Touch Mini with the passthrough adapter yesterday and I'm super excited to get my hands on it. I was watching an in-depth video review by GrimmGreen and he noted an issue that he was having with the VV cord option when using DCTs where the voltage would drop substantially. He goes on to say that this is not an issue with regular batteries.

I got the regular USB cord version of the passthrough, not the VV option. I use 2ohm DCTs on my current 5v device and I was wondering if this issue would present itself with the normal USB version of the passthrough.

I noticed on your website that you offer high power circuitry for an additional charge specifically for using DCTs with the regulated and VV versions of the mod, but I had not added that option because I am getting the mini. If I need to add that to use DCTs I would be glad to do so.

If I can't use DCTs on it at all, what type (and resistance) of tanks would you recommend I use instead?

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
You don't need to add the HP option to the Sabers that are 3.7v or 6v. Now, with the USB cable, you have to remember that you have to supply enough amps to your Dual Cartos... sometimes more than 3amps. If you can find a AC Adapter for your USB that is rated at 2000mAh or higher, you shouldn't have any problems. I wouldn't use it with your computer since it will never put out that many amps.

See, the AC Adapter that Mr Greene was using will supply 2000mAh at 4.2v. The higher the voltage, the lower the amps drop down. If he was vaping, say at 5v, the amps put out by that adapter is 1.9amps. It just depends out what you are putting on top.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread