Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
"Kicked" Edition Saber Touch
scaled.php

The Saber Touch "Kicked" Edition is the newest addition to the Saber Touch line. What makes this device stand out from other devices that can incorporate a kick, is the fact that this device actually uses an 18650 battery as opposed to an 18490/18500 like most. Then what also makes it unique is the ability to use an 18650 without the kick for 3.7 vaping or 2 3volt batteries for 6 volt vaping, thanks to the battery spacer that is provided with the device. Another option is you can also use Vapor Moons A/C Passthru adapters with the battery extender. Just keep in mind that you cannot use the kick while using the passthru since too much power would blow the kick.

One thing that caught my attention is the battery will stick out just a bit with the kick installed, where as when using an 18650 with the battery extender, the battery sinks inside the tube just a hair. Neither or has any effect on how the bottom cap screws in or functions, just something noticed. The touch sensor was also relocated up a little, which I myself find a little more comfortable to use than on the non kicked Sabers(VV, Mini, 3.7/6.0).

I have tried it with the kick with various ohm atty's(all Ikenvape 901's) and let me tell you it functions above a couple other devices I had kicks in. There is no issues with the touch sensor whatsoever, in fact mine is pretty touchy. Battery time is excellent while using a kick(compared to an 18490/18500). It lasts me about a full day at what appears to be 8.5 watts according to the dial on the kick. On this device you get the same warning that the battery is going out as on any other device with a kick, which is a simple fire,stop,fire, stop all while pushing the button(or in this case touching the sensor). This is not an issue with the device, as I have noticed this with every device I have used the kick with.

Now the one I got from Sir_Lawrence is a Custom Color(Harley Cream Pearl) which he applied beautifully. Also on this one he added custom cut lines which were also done in a beautiful manner. Then it was topped off with nickle plated rounded end caps with a drip well. All went together to create one Gorgeous device(the pic does not do it justice whatsoever).

All in all this is a top notch Quality Mod. It has it all. Function, looks, and versatility, I mean what more could you ask for from a device. I would Highly recommend this mod to anyone, especially those looking for a device to use with a kick. I give this device a perfect five star rating.

Last edited:

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
Very nice review... Thank you!

On the battery issue... IMR batteries are a little shorter than standard li-on. So, with the Kick, you need to use IMR's. I made the length so that the IMR batts would stick out a tad bit, but work perfectly. If you try to use a standard 18650, it would stick out too far, so it would make you use IMR batteries with the Kick! Pretty Cool, huh? But, with the battery extender, you can use any batteries that you want to use. And always use the battery extender on the bottom with batteries (negative end).

Thanks Again!

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
Excellent review!!
Hmm, will there be a Saber Touch Mini 'Kicked' edition? :D
m33pok:w00t: Hey now that would ROCK!!!! We'll have to let Sir_Lawrence chime in here, but the switch appears to be in the same spot on the mini and the "kicked" edition so there's no way to shorten the inside. I'm thinking it wouldn't work.

Thanks once again Sir_Lawrence!!

Last edited:

seanluke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hazleton, PA
Tat the saber kick edition is awesome. But I have to share that I got my first VV saber in the mail today and it's Awesome. I can finally take my mini saber pass through experience on the go! Tat I Took your recommendation in another thread about the 18350 batteries for this and my pats mini saber and they work great! Just want to say thanks to you for the info and BIG THANK YOU to Sir Lawrence and my wife for making my Father's Day!

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
Thank ya anavid:) And just an update on this device, it is still working flawlessly!! This has been my off and on device since I got it, but as of late, it has become my go to!! Everyday after work, I find myself unrapping it from it's little blanket and dripping away for the rest of the night!! I love the whole 18650 plus the kick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread