question about TPA Menthol crystals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, i failed to find a sub section for DIY so ill ask here as always. I have a huge problem in getting a strong/long lasting menthol flavoring as with all the stupid bans many shops in Latvia died out. So best results i had was from Inawera mixed mint - it required a few drops per 10ml to have a pretty strong menthol taste. Problem with all mint and a like, they are very weak - i have to use 10ml flavoring per 500ml base to slightly feel that minty taste, with Inawera it was enough around 100-150drop ~3ml to have a pretty strong taste.

So to the point - Mentola kristāli 5g Have these and have a question. How strong these crystals are and how much flavoring i would be able to get out of 5grams of crystals - so to taste a pretty strong menthol from like 20drops per 100ml base.

Need it as most flavored bases i mix - it scraches my throat a bit - so menthol takes off that thing and from there a very smooth vape.

Hope you understand what i mean by all this as my english isnt even close to good! Thank you in advance!

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't have experience with those menthol crystals, but if I were trying them, I'd probably start with a pretty low percentage and just work my way up (I think they don't need steeping, so finding your sweet spot should happen fairly quickly, although hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe start with a 10 or 15 mg "test" flavor and see what suits you the best.

Good luck,

Anna

Okay, ty - but how many base should be used for 5grams of those crystals? whats an average dilute rate? are they for 10ml or 100ml. First i need to get to know that so i have something to work with....kinda like it was with stevia. So should be strong flavoring is i dilute 5grams in to 100ml base and use it as a flavoring afterwards or that will be way too much if i want an easy/strong flavoring to work with?

And it says dillute in PG.....cant i use 50/50pg/vg?

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Like I said, I don't have specific advice since I haven't used them. I think maybe a search in the DIY E-Liquid (here's a link, since you couldn't find it, it's a SUB-forum of general e-liquid, so you go there first, and will see the DIY subforum ABOVE it, or could use quick navigation) might help or posting there for quicker help might yield some results. I have no idea of what a starting point might be.... I don't know if the manufacturer might have some recommendations for how to use them as well.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread