Question about VG/PG Grades

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
USA
It should be USP or Pharmaceutical Grade. I don't think there is such a think as "food grade", but that may be a term that people use synonymous with USP. Although, keep in mind, there are no laws or regulations. If a vendor doesn't make it very clear how they make their juice, I head in another direction.

In the vaping world, we .......ize and make up a lot of terms, apparently for entertainment pleasure.

jamjuice

Oct 29, 2014
Asheville, NC
It should be USP or Pharmaceutical Grade. I don't think there is such a think as "food grade", but that may be a term that people use synonymous with USP. Although, keep in mind, there are no laws or regulations. If a vendor doesn't make it very clear how they make their juice, I head in another direction.

In the vaping world, we .......ize and make up a lot of terms, apparently for entertainment pleasure.
i was told there is
Industrial Grade
Agriculture Grade
Food Grade
and Pharma Grade
just triyng to learn because i want to make my own juices, also do you have any suggestions on a nicotine wholesaler?

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I was told usp and food grade are basically interchangeable. And if you notice on the site it lists both terms together: http://www.essentialdepot.com/servlet/the-Glycerin-USP-Kosher-Vegetable/Categories and its Kosher that has to count for something right lol

wizard labs nicotine I ordered is pretty good. I also have some vapors tec I ordered from Bullcityvapor.com not sure which I like better both are pretty good. bull city shipping is more expensive but it gets there FAST. Ordered friday afternoon. It was at my house across the country monday.

wonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
USA
i was told there is
Industrial Grade
Agriculture Grade
Food Grade
and Pharma Grade
just triyng to learn because i want to make my own juices, also do you have any suggestions on a nicotine wholesaler?

You may well be right. My point was that USP is the highest and since it is going into my lungs, I don't want second best.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
i was told there is
Industrial Grade
Agriculture Grade
Food Grade
and Pharma Grade

You are right.
USP is higher purity than food grade, however some suppliers want to underline (for those who do not know) that their USP grade can be used as food grade also. To be on safer side use only USP grade (it can be written something like "USP Food Grade, Kosher", but there should be USP written somewhere.

jamjuice

Oct 29, 2014
Asheville, NC
You are right.
USP is higher purity than food grade, however some suppliers want to underline (for those who do not know) that their USP grade can be used as food grade also. To be on safer side use only USP grade (it can be written something like "USP Food Grade, Kosher", but there should be USP written somewhere.

Thanks, this is where the confusion came in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread