Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
High VG is NOT GOOD for a CE-5.
Try to find high PG liquid.
Your wick will work slow, your coil life will be a disaster and your atomizer will get hot, not to mention bad taste and unwanted gases from abusing the coil.
Just don't do it unless you can dilute it thinner or vape very slowly. Sorry.

Bodi

Jul 13, 2018
High VG is NOT GOOD for a CE-5.
Try to find high PG liquid.
Your wick will work slow, your coil life will be a disaster and your atomizer will get hot, not to mention bad taste and unwanted gases from abusing the coil.
Just don't do it unless you can dilute it thinner or vape very slowly. Sorry.

@djsvapour 1-will it make more vapour though?!

2- so IT IS bad for ego-ce5 so what is the best ratio for more vapour?

But please answer question 1 first

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
@djsvapour 1-will it make more vapour though?!

2- so IT IS bad for ego-ce5 so what is the best ratio for more vapour?

But please answer question 1 first
More VG more visible vapor/cloud
More PG less cloud.

You also need power and eGo CE-5 is not very much power.

You cannot win your plan with eGo + CE-5 'tank' as it's low power and won't like high VG.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
The biggest problem with high vg is just as said above, it will not travel through the wick quickly enough, coils will gunk up quicker and you will get more dry hits. Vg is thick, pg is thin. With that tank you probably want to stay with 70 pg 30 vg. There are ways around the dry hits to a point, like just waiting longer between puffs, or covering the air intake (which I'm not even sure you can do with that tank) and sucking on the mouthpiece without firing it to pull more juice in to the coil. You'll still go through coils faster and will get more burnt hits.
You can try different ratios of vg and pg but should probably go 50 50 or thinner (more pg).
Pg also gives more throat hit, vg is smoother.

• Agree
Reactions: DaveP

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Something that has been bothering me is that i dont know if high VG will affect my device in a negative way or not..
Btw my device is eGo-ce5
Will it affect the coil, the atomizer, the battery, cuz i dont know and thanks..
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to read some of the postings in this forum:
Cloud Chasers

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
If its clouds you want, you will have to get a different setup. Dont be a cheap-o, go spend some money and get the mod/tank setup that will perform. There are lots to choose from.

Bodi is a new member. Many folks start on easier setups. And we do not know where he lives or financial situation.

Something that has been bothering me is that i dont know if high VG will affect my device in a negative way or not..

Btw my device is eGo-ce5

Will it affect the coil, the atomizer, the battery, cuz i dont know and thanks..

Hello - VG is thicker and produces more vapor. The egos, which I used when I first started for quite awhile, are better suited for a higher PG to VG ratio. What the others have said is correct --it will cause you problems with that setup. It will not wick properly because of the thick liquid and you will get not very good tasting hits. If that is what you have to deal with for now you could try thinning it a little bit -- just a little -using a few drops of distilled water but that will also dilute the flavor.

If you are going to stay with that setup for a bit then you should try to get juice with a higher PG content.

If clouds are your thing then you will do best to get a different setup. There are all in one type of starter vapes available that are not too pricey that look like fatter egos and are more advanced but still easy to operate. The tank portion is usually made of stainless steel and glass and instead of replacing the plastic tanks like you do now --you simply replace the coils - they screw in on the bottom of the tank and you can safely use max VG flavors in them getting clouds and flavor. The battery potions are much more powerful than the egos as well so you will, in general, get more battery life but that depends on a few other factors.

Let us know if you are interested in upgrading and where you are at and the price range you want to spend if you want any recommendations for upgrading.

• Agree
Reactions: JCinFLA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread