Question for 555 fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Gotta know and all info is appreciated....I've found vendors who sell the 555 flavor to add to my unflavored liquid, but the vendors don't appear to have any tips on mixing. If I want to make a 30ml bottle of 555, how much flavoring would be comparable to the flavored I would normally buy? I'd suspect the nic mg would play a factor (36 for me), but I don't know how far a 5 ml or 15 ml bottle of flavor will get me. Is it potent? Would I be looking at a 50/50 mix? Ballpark figures is all I'm looking for, but I'm at a loss for a start. Anyone with knowledge please post. Let me know who you buy it from and how potent it is, as I assume the different vendors probably vary potency. Thanks, all :).

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
I would like to do this as well...where's the experts? Dan???
Yeah, I thought it best to bring it to the more experienced chefs around here. I fall flat on my face in the mixing arena, so I decided I'd just buy the flavor I wanted, but I thought if anyone knows this stuff I might be more successful when I make a purchase. Lord knows I've wasted alot when it comes to flavors :rolleyes:.

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
Yeah, I thought it best to bring it to the more experienced chefs around here. I fall flat on my face in the mixing arena, so I decided I'd just buy the flavor I wanted, but I thought if anyone knows this stuff I might be more successful when I make a purchase. Lord knows I've wasted alot when it comes to flavors :rolleyes:.

I was going to say taste after initial mix and then add a drop at a time, but realized I was having a "moment", so scrap that thought.

I've wasted a lot of DIY juice myself, so I feel your pain! The problem is that when you drip to taste, you've reduced the recipe by the number of drops you dripped, so adding more pure flavor is actually increasing the % of flavor a lot more than if you had started with that much in the first place.

Gives me just as much of a headache talking about it as actually mixing it!

Hope someone will be able to help you!

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
I was going to say taste after initial mix and then add a drop at a time, but realized I was having a "moment", so scrap that thought.

I've wasted a lot of DIY juice myself, so I feel your pain! The problem is that when you drip to taste, you've reduced the recipe by the number of drops you dripped, so adding more pure flavor is actually increasing the % of flavor a lot more than if you had started with that much in the first place.

Gives me just as much of a headache talking about it as actually mixing it!

Hope someone will be able to help you!
That explains my problem pretty well, plus, if a 5 ml bottle is generally enough for 30 ml of liquid I can order a couple bottles as needed. If it takes 15 ml of flavor for a 30 ml I might as well forget it and just vape the unflavored. Oh, my life gets complicated easily :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread