Question for SB owners......

Status
Not open for further replies.

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
Now that I have got my beloved Provari I would very much like to get an American Mech. Rugged durability and reliability a must. The contenders I am looking at right now are the Silver Bullet and the BB. Are they really as tough as I have heard? I'm clumsy and very OCD about durability. Reliability is also an issue, any problems as far as misfires, some atomizers or cartomizers not working? Is the Silver Bullet - M that much better than the original? Are they finicky with batts? I ask the last because I have a bunch of efest 18650 reds and a bunch of AW 18490's (for my Provari)....would they work ok in the SB and BB respectively. Any input, advice or comments would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance. I tell you, this forum rules! Baditude alone could qualify for getting college credit in vaping ;)

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Now that I have got my beloved Provari I would very much like to get an American Mech. Rugged durability and reliability a must. The contenders I am looking at right now are the Silver Bullet and the BB. Are they really as tough as I have heard? I'm clumsy and very OCD about durability. Reliability is also an issue, any problems as far as misfires, some atomizers or cartomizers not working? Is the Silver Bullet - M that much better than the original? Are they finicky with batts? I ask the last because I have a bunch of efest 18650 reds and a bunch of AW 18490's (for my Provari)....would they work ok in the SB and BB respectively. Any input, advice or comments would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance. I tell you, this forum rules! Baditude alone could qualify for getting college credit in vaping ;)

Hey, nice ECF handle! :beer:

I've been using a Silver Bullet for a couple years now and it really is as well made as everywhere you read. I think of it as indestructible but have only dropped it a couple times and only the attached tanks got hurt! Your 18650's should fit no problem and if you decide to get a kick device, the 18490's. This is a regulated device so you can only get so much wattage out of it but works great with ~1.3 ohm toppers.

Have a SB-M on the way now (shipped today) so will be able to give impressions on it soon but I'm expecting it to be every bit as nice, without the regulation.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
Thank you sir, and live your moniker as well ;) Yep... I have pretty much decided I'm getting a Silver Bullet. Let me know what your impression of the SB- M is after you get it. I am curious if it is that much of an improvement over the original. I prefer the original because of the availability of colors to choose from.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Yes, I'm eager to get my paws on the new mechanical SB and can't wit to try it out. Just left Pennsylvania this morning so should be a couple more days. Will let ya know.

The new mechs are only coming in black or silver at this point, but the regulated version give plenty of choices. My current SB is the silver vein and looks great.

I will tell you about a couple things some may not like about SB mods but don't bother me at all.
One, it's a few mm wider than standard 22 mm tanks or RDAa. Can't remember the exact diameter but only a few mm...can get size specs on Altsmoke.
Second, my tanks and RDAs do not sit completely flush, there's a very tiny gap that some do not like. We're talking a mm or so

These two don't even register wit me as an inconvenience.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Got the new mech SB this afternoon and loving it. Gonna build lower resistance coils in coming days to see how I like sub-ohm'ing. :D

Jury still out on the firing button. Have to press it on center to fire so will investigate if this is normal on the mechs. My old SB is not have this issue with firing button. Just might be something I'll have to get used to.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

:D

Silver Bullet with AGA T2.jpg Bella-Phin-Frog.jpg clear&frosted-tank-1.jpg Family2.jpg

I've got a white Silver Bullet (original) and black BB. (And three Provari's.) The SB and BB were my first ever mods. The quality and machining skills are very apparent for all three models. I love USA quality mods. I realize I'm late to this thread but just wanted to congratuate you on your new Bullet. Enjoy!

FYI, the BB uses an 14500 battery. Nice size mod for out and about.

BB.jpg

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Got the new mech SB this afternoon and loving it. Gonna build lower resistance coils in coming days to see how I like sub-ohm'ing.
Just wanted to add, if you are new to rebuildables I'd suggest building your first coils around 1 ohm and getting some consistancy with that resistance prior to attempting sub-ohms. Know your battery's amp limits (10 amps for the 18650 Efest 2000mAh IMR's) and never exceed that amp limit with your sub-ohm coils. Use the Ohm's Law Calculator.

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR?

Ohm's Law Calculator

Information Resources for Your First RBA

Last edited:

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Just wanted to add, if you are new to rebuildables I'd suggest building your first coils around 1 ohm and getting some consistancy with that resistance prior to attempting sub-ohms. Know your battery's amp limits (10 amps for the 18650 Efest 2000mAh IMR's) and never exceed that amp limit with your sub-ohm coils. Use the Ohm's Law Calculator.

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR?

Ohm's Law Calculator

Information Resources for Your First RBA

Yes, all of it great advice. Been rebuilding on AGA-T2 and IGO-L for nearly a year, but only had Provari and original SB until about a week ago. I'm really enjoying the new mech SB a great deal (using it right now!) but still yet to have a build lower than an ohm. Got exactly one ohm on the IGO-L with about 10/11 wraps, but also learning to wick with cotton and having enough fun getting it to wick fast enough to keep up. Lots of learning still but keeping mindful of battery safety all the while. Got four of the nice Sony 30A batteries the same day as the SB but doubt I'd ever want to push 10 amps even. I've had plenty of 1.2 or 1.3 ohm builds that put out more than enough vapor and flavor, so going down to maybe 0.6 or so would mainly satisfy curiosity, as I don't care for too warm of a vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread