Question for the experienced about Throat Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being new to vaping I'm not sure what is going on with this juice I bought. I was at the local brick and mortar and tried thier Monster enery drink e-liquid out of curiousity. Absolutly loved it. It was like sweet tarts, so I bought a bottle.

When I got it home and loaded a carto the juice hit the back of my throat like a frieght train. I can still taste the sweetness that I liked but it burns so much it's no where near enjoyable.

Is this something that can be fixed with steeping? I wonder because the sample bottle they used had been sitting out on the counter for awhile. If not do I need to mix it with something? I really enjoyed the vape I got from the sample at the store but this bottle in it's current state is un-vapeable to me.

Any help will be completly appriciated! :)

What's pv are you using ? What's the vg/pg ratio of the juice. Try taking short vapes. If you don't have a variable voltage there's not much you can do other than try different cartos of different voltages .

Should have added that. Just the basic ego starter kit. Ego Starfire 1300mah with the 2.0 ohm cartos that came with it.

The local shop has diffrent resistances for their cartos. Should I try a certain ohm?

well, you might want to try it at the same wattage that the vape store had it at. and also the same nic% as well as same level of steep.

once you do all of that, youll most liekly end up with the same expericne you had at the vape shop.

A few variables. Luckily I was using my PV to sample so thats the same. I assume since it was a tester flavor it was zero-nic and no telling how long it was on the counter. The bottle was well over half empty. So that leaves the steeping time and nic content. I'm steeping it now. If that doesn't help I'll be buying some zero-nic to mix with it.

Thanks for the help guys!

YorkieGirl1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Pennsylvania
I was going to suggest mixing it with VG as that seems to smooth alot of harsher juices out that Ive bought from vendors, but that does lower both the nic and the flavor so it depends on how much you would need to add =(. I know - not alot of help =(. I love sweet tarts though!! TFA has a good sweet tart flavoring. Flavor west has one too but its on my list to try still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread