Question from a sort of new guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Hi all, this is my first post(hence the 1 beside my name :p). Anyway, got into vaping years ago with a blu, sort of did on and off with that for a while(quit analogs for a bit with it, but eventually started back up and used it when analogs were inconvenient). Years went by, and a friend, who has never smoked busted out an ego-c. Gave it a shot, and was blown away by how far PV's had come since that first blu. after a week or two I got an ego-c kit, and after a couple of weeks of using it at work and analogs at home, I kicked the analogs all together a couple of weeks ago.

I'm kind of a gadget nerd, so after about a month of ego-c I had been researching my pants off, and think I found a good set up for a VV mod. I ordered all of the parts from various vendors this week, and should hopefully be on line with it next week! The set up is as follows:

Provari Mini
Kir Fanis Prive Special
Kir Fanis Provari Styled Drip Tip(forget the actual title of it)
Boge LR Carts
batteries, charger, etc....

Here's my question. Obviously, having an ego-c I'm used to an essentially sealed system. It can be in my pants pocket, laying in the passenger seat, laying sideways on my desk, etc. without leaking, which makes sense. I'm wondering how the carto/tank/drip tip does in those situations? Judging by videos and such, it seems like the top side of the carto is pretty wide open with the drip tip on top. Will it be able to run out if laid on its side? I'll be stoked to have it either way, but I'd like to know before hand if pocketing it and sitting down is a bad idea...

Thanks for all of the knowledge I've gained lurking here for the past couple of weeks!!!!

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
You will love the Provari mini. It is heavier than an ego tho, so in a pocket will be weighty. I am not sure what a Kir Fanis Prive Special is?? But the regular boge carto by itself should not leak. bnrk

The prive special is one of the filler screw type tanks that kir fanis made specifically for the provari that gives it the illusion of a flush flat top, since provape doesn't make a flat top. I looked at EVERYTHING as far as mods go, and am pretty shocked that, aside from visual gripes, no one seems to have anything bad to say about the provari. I came to the conclusion that I'd rather have a rock solid starter that I could always use, and experiment with the cheaper, less reliable stuff down the road. It's obviously more coin, but hopefully it will be the workhorse I always have for a while to come!

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
One of the best vaping moves I've made was getting a 7" flashlight holster for my belt. It's just a better place for a Mod than a regular pocket.

I also wanted to mention how much I like using The Diver by Atmistique in a Kir Fanis tank, since you are all set for carto's but seems you haven't tried rebuildables yet.

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
It's funny, the main reason I was hesitant to get the provari was the styling. It is far less..... sleek than a lot of other mods out there. It wasn't until I saw TYJ review the prive special that I was sold.

prive-special-tank-by-kir-fanis.jpg

Also, the AV store just opened back up and was able to snag some Boba's and Gorilla juice! YAY!!! :laugh:

Leal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Montana
The prive special is one of the filler screw type tanks that kir fanis made specifically for the provari that gives it the illusion of a flush flat top, since provape doesn't make a flat top. I looked at EVERYTHING as far as mods go, and am pretty shocked that, aside from visual gripes, no one seems to have anything bad to say about the provari. I came to the conclusion that I'd rather have a rock solid starter that I could always use, and experiment with the cheaper, less reliable stuff down the road. It's obviously more coin, but hopefully it will be the workhorse I always have for a while to come!

Impeccable logic.

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
One of the best vaping moves I've made was getting a 7" flashlight holster for my belt. It's just a better place for a Mod than a regular pocket.

I also wanted to mention how much I like using The Diver by Atmistique in a Kir Fanis tank, since you are all set for carto's but seems you haven't tried rebuildables yet.

I've watched a couple of videos/reviews on rebuildables, and it seems like a cool science project. I'm still in the "finding what I like" stage though, and I don't yet understand what the pros/cons of all the options are. It seems like most people recommend staying away from rebuilding at the onset, just because it can scare people away. I don't think I would appreciate the possible benefits yet, since my little ego-c is my only real experience at the moment lol.

With that said, some of the things people do blow my mind. There are some hand made/combined works of art out there for sure. Seems like disposable atty to carto tank/mod to mechanical to rebuildable is the path of many a vaper on here.

Last edited:

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Looked at the photo of the Prive Special. Wow that is beautiful.

I love the idea of the filler port too! Noticed that TYJ also just reviewed a couple of "not from halfway around the world not 50 euro clones" that I will probably have to buy at some point. Clicking the buy button on the prive was hard enough once lol. The two he just reviewed are also carto locking which is cool. 10-12 bucks is much more in line with keeping a few tanks hanging around with various juice to swap in!

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Not sure if its relevant but I have a provari and use Iclear30 and vivi nova tanks.

Havent ever had a problem with the Iclear30's but the vivi nova tanks seem to "weep" a little on me.

Tried tightening them super tight but they still leak some.

Yea, I researched most of the more common tanks, and it seemed like even the most well regarded ones were still leaking hazards. Comes with the territory I suppose, but there also seem to be a select few out there that don't seem to have any leak reports.

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
I have heard nothing about leakage issues, but would I put one in my pants pocket and sit down? No way. Carrying one around in a jacket pocket, brief case etc., no big woof, but tanks and pants pockets are a disaster waiting to happen.

But if you must, there are a plethora of $12 - $15 carto tanks that vape every bit as well and are just as durable and leak resistant (Any tank can leak!). Aside of looking pretty on the Provari, there is nothing special about the prive special. Its a plastic, unprotected tank that can crack under stess or leak as readily as any other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread