Status
Not open for further replies.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Hi All - I just got a sample bottle of Boba's Bounty since i've seen so many positive reviews about it. Is this a juice that needs to steep? Does it change much with time? I'm surprised that I'm not really enjoying it, especially given some of the other flavors I like, so I thought maybe it needs to sit a bit. Any insight is appreciated!

nuggetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Chicago
Mine tasted fantastic right out of the bottle. If you've been vaping all day or something you should always give your new flavors a vape after a nice meal and then judge. First time I tried it which was last week it reminded me of a fine pipe tobacco crossed with a cuban cigar. Taste is of course subjective which is why some people have described it as having a raisin bran taste :)

Not sure about steeping. If you dont like it as is I say let it steep. I love Johnson Creek Island VG and I let that steep and the flavor is different. I actually prefer the taste straight from my mailbox.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
I thought I should circle back here after my initial post on Boba's...its been about 2 weeks and I decided to give it another shot...and I have a feeling base234 is going to be right...the bottle will be empty before I know. Been vaping the stuff non-stop since yesterday. I thought I'd share just in case any one else is going through the same thing I did 2 weeks ago. This stuff is great! And I was concerned I might have issues with it in my V4L cartos....but its working like a charm!

I better go get a bigger bottle.... :)

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
If you want to add a little zing to your Bobas, order some Gorilla Juice too. It's almost surely Bobas base with a bit of ripe banana or banana foster syrup on top that compliments the Bobas really well. This stuff rocks! Again, higher voltage is best.

I actually have Gorilla Juice too...which I liked right out of the mailbox. I'll give that a try though! Thanks.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
If you want to add a little zing to your Bobas, order some Gorilla Juice too. It's almost surely Bobas base with a bit of ripe banana or banana foster syrup on top that compliments the Bobas really well. This stuff rocks! Again, higher voltage is best.

I second this, I did it accidentally at first, but I see a huge difference between Gorilla Juice and Boba's, though I think you're right about the base. a 50/50 blend of the two makes neither stand out, I really can't taste the banana at that point but it sure is a delicious blend :D

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i was not a fan of Boba when i first got it. i dont think it was a steeping issue though, although thats not entirely ruled out. at the time, all i had was a couple of lackluster devices. once i got my vv smokbox, Boba came out in full force. the flavor was much more pronounced and the TH expanded from zero to mediocre. i am officially a full fledged Boba fan. im not a banana fan so i'll skip the GJ. however the Hype sounds tasty, i might like that one.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
My first batch of bobas was 18mg. The TH was a little bit much for me, so with this latest batch, I got it at 12mg. I'm finding that the fermented grain - cereal - aspect has been diminished some while the overall vape has become creamier(smoother) and sweeter... much more to my liking. Not sure if it's a function of the lower nic or just a subtle difference from batch to batch, but it's damned near perfect. A fine brew though no matter how you slice it.

P.S. I'm sitting here vaping my first batch ever of BWB RY4. I was a lucky dog to get my hands on a 30ml as there were only 8 left when I placed my order. Right out of the mailbox it's a little 'grassy', but every hit seems to get better and better. Coming off a long session with Nitelite's sweet, spicy Vanilla Strait is probably what's bringing out the more floral aspects of the RY4 in comparison, and why I think it's getting better and better as my palette gets used to it's more subtle nature. A little steeping and I think I can see what all the fuss is about. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

O-Man

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
I agree with base234. It's also so much better at higher volts or on a lr if your just using a 3.5v.

I'm so glad I came across your post. I bought LR attys and I have yet to find a juice I prefer on the LR. As soon as I saw this I threw in the LR and Boba's came to life. I really enjoyed it already but this just put it over the top. I'm afraid my 18ml will never make it to the "steeping" stage so I went ahead and bought 2 more bottles. Haha Never give up on Boba's

TarlessWonder

Mar 10, 2012
Dunedin, FL
BB tastes like a campfire at 4W - but it is pure pleasure to me at 8W. As a new vaper, I heard this power concept over and over, but I blew it off as exaggerated. Not anymore. For new vapers with standard eGo-T kit - do not attempt to smoke this stuff until you get better equipment. If you like the eGo, just order the eGo 1.7 ohm atomizers and this should dramatically improve your relationship with BB.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i too am noticing the transformation of BWB RY4. its my first time havign the pleasure of scoring it. right out of the mailbox, i didnt care for it. but i keep trying it every few days and it keeps getting better and better. its got more tobacco flavor than most RY4s ive had, and i really dig that. RY4 is supposed to have a good amount of tobacco, but you dont tend to see that so much.

My first batch of bobas was 18mg. The TH was a little bit much for me, so with this latest batch, I got it at 12mg. I'm finding that the fermented grain - cereal - aspect has been diminished some while the overall vape has become creamier(smoother) and sweeter... much more to my liking. Not sure if it's a function of the lower nic or just a subtle difference from batch to batch, but it's damned near perfect. A fine brew though no matter how you slice it.

P.S. I'm sitting here vaping my first batch ever of BWB RY4. I was a lucky dog to get my hands on a 30ml as there were only 8 left when I placed my order. Right out of the mailbox it's a little 'grassy', but every hit seems to get better and better. Coming off a long session with Nitelite's sweet, spicy Vanilla Strait is probably what's bringing out the more floral aspects of the RY4 in comparison, and why I think it's getting better and better as my palette gets used to it's more subtle nature. A little steeping and I think I can see what all the fuss is about. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
Kemo, are you finding the sweetness of bwb ry4 to be that of honey? I agree with you that there is a predominence of tobacco about bwb ry4. But instead of caramel and/or vanilla, the sweetness seems to have a strong honey essence. Tobacco and honey... it's making me wonder if either Don's, or anybody elses Honey Flue Cured is very similar to this ry4? Can anybody offer a comparison? I ask because it's the first taste of honey I've experienced in a juice and I'm liking it alot. I'm starting to think about all the honeysuckle (honeybeez... or something like that?) references I heard about a few months ago.

P.S. Apologies to the op for wandering off topic.

kren

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2012
PA
My absolute favorite juice is Casablanca from Backwoods Brew, and I like alot of Don's other tobacco juices, so I definitely thought this sounded like one for me. I'm definitely going to have to give it another try. Does anyone else like Casablanca and the other BWB tobacoo flavors?
Casablanca is my favorite tobacco blend too and I also hated BB first out. Haven't tried it again, but seeing your progression, I will give it another shot.

Kemo, are you finding the sweetness of bwb ry4 to be that of honey? I agree with you that there is a predominence of tobacco about bwb ry4. But instead of caramel and/or vanilla, the sweetness seems to have a strong honey essence. Tobacco and honey... it's making me wonder if either Don's, or anybody elses Honey Flue Cured is very similar to this ry4? Can anybody offer a comparison? I ask because it's the first taste of honey I've experienced in a juice and I'm liking it alot. I'm starting to think about all the honeysuckle (honeybeez... or something like that?) references I heard about a few months ago.

Missed out on the BWB RY4 :( -- but have their Honey Nut Flue (?) or whatever it's called and I'm liking it way more than I thought I would. Suggest giving it a try also. Oh, and Virginia is really great also . .. It's hard to go wrong with BWB!

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
Thanks for the suggestions, kren.

As for Casablanca, I wonder if I didn't get an 'off' batch. Mine has a strong vegatation taste... tastes like green bell pepper (which somebody else noted in a different thread and pegged for me what I was tasting) I understand there's supposed to be some cocoa flavor in the mix but I'm getting absolutely none. It's sad because I think that would have rounded out the flavor rather well.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
yes i am surely noticing the similarities in Don's RY4 and Honey Flue. quite possibly the same base. i never thought about the sweetness of RY4 to be that of honey, but it certainly could be. the tobacco aspects of both are similar, specifically the dryness. but i think you may be onto somehting with this honey idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread