Question Regarding E-liquids (Suppliers Mixing / Repackaging)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently started vaping and I bought my first ever supply of e-liquids about 10 days ago. I got a couple of bottles of Liqua and I could tell they were genuine as they had the proper official packaging and labelling, no problem so far. I ordered another couple of bottles from the same supplier which I received today. One was supposed to be Hangsen brand, the other Dekang. However the bottles just had the supplier's label on it (it has the nicotine level printed on it) with the brands and flavours handwritten.

Now I'm sure I've read about suppliers remixing and repackaging branded products but I can't seem to retrieve this information hence partly the reason for this post. I wanted to ask is this a common and/or standard thing for suppliers to do? Also what is it exactly that the suppliers generally do, are they mixing in flavours and/or moderating the nicotine level? My main concern with this is that nicotine is obviously a potent poison and that potentially if a small individual supplier makes a mistake I could end up with a bottle of e-liquid with multiple times the amount of nicotine in it than is actually printed on the bottle.

To be honest the supplier otherwise seems to be a very good business and has excellent customer service. Therefore as you can tell I haven't named the supplier. Some people may say to contact the supplier and talk to them. I would be prepared to do this if necessary but I wanted to try and get an idea of the usual practices and what I should be expecting.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
If you are unsure of the safety of the products, you could always buy a nicotine testing kit. And I suppose anyone could make a mistake, but the only real way to know, you have answered yourself, is to contact and talk to the vendor. Ask how and why something is being repackaged. A good vendor is always willing to help you in your journey. If not, then find another one.

:)

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
With most juice vendors that give you customized choices for VG/PG and nic level, they are going to add the Nic base to the PG and VG, then add the level of extracts for the volume and mix that you ordered. Then put it into the generic bottle they use and put on their personal label or a generic label and mark or write the nic mg, blend and flavor.

Personally, when I mix up a batch, I just use a magic marker and put initials on the bottom of the bottle so it doesn't rub off as easily. Found that writing on the side, it rubs off after use. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread