The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Question regarding Joye 510 Atomizers

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Maintenance' started by Brat, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Brat

Brat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Berlin, CT
    First off, mine is not broken! LOL And I want to keep it that way.

However, I've just tried something that made my vaping following the experiment AMAZING! I used a couple of sprays of that canned air stuff that gets used to clean like keyboards and stuff. The YUCK that came out of my atomizer was ridiculous (and i just cleaned it with alcohol last night).

My question is this, is using the canned air safe for my atomizer? Is it possible it could break it? What are your experiences with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you! :vapor:

2. Pez

Pez Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Make sure it is not labeled that it contains a bittering agent. Made that mistake once before. I have used an hair dryer, but not sure about breaking the atty. I am sure someone else can chime in.

3. Brat

Nov 16, 2010
    Berlin, CT
    *bumps this* any help at all?

4. angry-amy

angry-amy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    miami
    do you spray the canned air into the open part of the atty or the part you would put your mouth on if you were blowing out a flooded atty?
    i just cant get my mind around the image of how you did it. i know i must sound like stupid. sorry.

5. iamjn

iamjn Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

May 1, 2010
    West Michigan
    As long as it's just air and doesn't contain other chemicals, I think you'll be ok. I would wait until the atty is completely cool before doing it though (nothing to back this up, just seems like rapid cooling wouldn't be good for it). I've blasted my attys out with 125psi from an air compressor countless times without issues. Fast easy way to get them dry after cleaning.

6. Brat

Nov 16, 2010
    Berlin, CT
    Yeah it's just canned air...no extra chemicals or anything, and I always wait till the atty is completely cool. And with the canned air spray method I use, I hold the atty at an angle over some paper towels and spray the air up into the wider part of the atty and the juice just runs down and out...along with any of the extra fibers from my poly fil. It seems to clean out anything I miss by blowing out the battery end.

7. BadHabit

BadHabit Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2010
    Ego
    I actually saw in some instructions for TW recommending doing just this. Blowing out the atty every night, I believe. I actually have an air compressor but considering the time it takes to get it all fired up, I would rather have the spray can.

8. Brat

Nov 16, 2010
    Berlin, CT
    It seems to work well, I try and do it once a night (normally right before I go to bed) and then I let it sit, and the next day vaping just tastes so amazing, I find it hard to believe that spray can with no chemicals can be bad for it when I'm getting such wonderous smoke LOL

9. PVPuff&Stuff

PVPuff&Stuff Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I'd be careful about that...never know what kind of propellants are in those cans of air. It may leave some residue on the parts that heat, and cause trouble for you if you vaporize/inhale them. The reason you may be seeing a lot of gunk coming out is something in the propellant is acting like a solvent. Inhaling solvents is generally a bad idea...

10. Brat

Nov 16, 2010
    Berlin, CT
    I checked the can and reviews of the stuff that I'm using and it doesn't have any bitterant in it, but if I wanted to be on the safer side, I wonder if something like this:

Rubber Dust Blower

Would be even better and way safer...cause I wouldn't have to give myself an aneurism blowing out my atty LOL.

11. BadHabit

Sep 28, 2010
    Ego
    It would be interesting to know if it has enough force as the air can.

12. BadHabit

Sep 28, 2010
    Ego
    Oh, and by the way, I feel like I am chatting with a guy while he is driving his car.

13. Brat

Nov 16, 2010
    Berlin, CT
    Hehe I took my avatar picture while the car was not in motion...but still it's enjoyable :D But yeah I think to stray to the side of safety I might just order that rubber thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.