The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

A questions for all you vets out there

Discussion in 'Ask The Veterans' started by Brat, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Brat

Brat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Berlin, CT
    I just tried something and it seemed to work REALLY awesome. I just used some of that canned air cleaner (the non-scented type) to clean out my atomizer.

The YUCK that came out was ridiculous...and I was wondering if doing that often would damage my atomizer, because the vape afterwards was AMAZING...and I really hope that this will not damage my atomizer, because I think I am going to get one of the small cans to carry with me during the day. (I change flavors quite a bit and the gunk buildup during the day tends to make vaping taste icky!)

Any help would be appreciated :vapor:

2. dwillings

dwillings Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2009
    Calhoun, MO
    I would check the warning label on your canned air and make sure what you're doing is safe. I know many of the canned air sprays are very dangerous to inhale or ingest. And common sense tells me that if you are tasting something bad, that usually means you are tasting a byproduct of the spray. With cartos as cheap as they are nowadays I just simply buy new ones when I need them.

3. rolygate

rolygate Forum Manager Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    ECF Towers
    Hmm, why not just dedicate an atty to each of your most-used flavors? If you rotate, say, four flavors during the day, then keep four atty/cart combos together. Works well in lots of ways -- quick-change flavors, atties last forever.

4. dee5

dee5 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    There has been concern that the high pressure of expelled air from these cans could break the coil inside atomizers and also that the propellant used will leave a possibly dangerous residue behind that you will then vape. I like Rolygate's suggestion of dedicating an atty for each of the flavors you like (I have 6 right now). I keep the ones I'm not using in small zip type bags found at a craft store that are just big enough for the atty and the small bottle of juice it goes with so I can identify it. Or just write on the bag with a marker. You can use one of the other, safer methods for cleaning your attys.

5. DonDaBoomVape

DonDaBoomVape Reviewer / Blogger ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    South Florida
  6. dwillings

dwillings Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2009
    Calhoun, MO
    Very scary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.