Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I had an idea and want to throw it out here to see if its possible. I have a small amount, 20ml or less of a favorite commercial juice. Is it posdible to actually use this for my flavoring if i simply add more vg and nic to bring it back to 100ml? I realize the flavor will be weakened somewhat, buti suppose this is possible to do. Id use a juice calculator to determine how much nic to use to keep it close to 6mg strength and even if it hits above 6, i probably wont mind too bad. Does this sound do-able? Only reason im doing this is im out of flavoring temporarily and also out of funds to secure any more for a while, which also precludes me from gettin another bottle of killer kustard. Yep, thats the one lol.

Reactions: NatashaTMT

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's certainly possible to do what you propose, but you're essentually diluting the flavor to the point that it may taste like "flavorless" when you're done.

Thing about it. You've got 20ml of lemonade drink, and add 80ml of water to make 100ml total. Do you really think you'll still be able to taste the lemonade? Maybe, but it will taste VERY weak.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Does this sound do-able?
Yes; it's certainly doable. But just as you, @bombastinator, and @Baditude have already mentioned you will be diluting the flavoring by 80%. I doubt it will have much of the appeal of the original.

I don't know what you have in your DIY flavor stash at this moment, but you might want to consider these two very popular DIY custard recipes:
upload_2018-6-11_14-34-45.png

Author recommends 4-6 week steep.

and

upload_2018-6-11_14-38-25.png

Author recommends no substitutes or adjustments. Also, good steeped, but best when fresh... S&V.

Disclaimer:
I should note, that I am not particularly into custards, and have not personally mixed either of these yet. However, they are the two custard recipes I have seen most frequently praised in the DIY community.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Yes; it's certainly doable. But just as you, @bombastinator, and @Baditude have already mentioned you will be diluting the flavoring by 80%. I doubt it will have much of the appeal of the original.

I don't know what you have in your DIY flavor stash at this moment, but you might want to consider these two very popular DIY custard recipes:
View attachment 747779
Author recommends 4-6 week steep.

and

View attachment 747781
Author recommends no substitutes or adjustments. Also, good steeped, but best when fresh... S&V.

Disclaimer:
I should note, that I am not particularly into custards, and have not personally mixed either of these yet. However, they are the two custard recipes I have seen most frequently praised in the DIY community.
Right now the cupboard is nearly bare. Gonna be a while before i can create again. Or even get a bottle of ready made.

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
Right now the cupboard is nearly bare. Gonna be a while before i can create again. Or even get a bottle of ready made.

I know it might be tough to trust other DIYers that you've never met before, but I'd be willing to share some of my creations if it helps keep you off the smokes. I do mostly fruit flavors, but if I've got the flavoring, I'll help out if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread