Status
Not open for further replies.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi friends, I have a question. I just got my hcigar Nemisis clone. My husband ordered a fasttech Nemisis clone. (First time we ordered from fasttech) will there be a difference between my hcigar clone and the fastest clone? He paid around 19 dollars for the fasttech clone and I paid Aproxmately 60 or so for mine. That's quite a price difference! Is there a difference in clones? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm wondering why the price difference? I was reading on the hcigar site and they said this is a 1:1 clone what ever that means? Is fasttech the same 1:1 clone as well or will there be a difference in our clones? Just wondering? Thanks for your help!:confused:

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
It is really going to depend on which one he ordered. FastTech sells about a dozen different nemesis clones made by several different manufactures. A 1:1 clone is pretty much an exact copy in fit and function, usually just made from lower quality materials and lower machining quality. On a non 1:1 clone they usually look the same on the outside but may have different threading or a different switch, things like that.

I have 4 of the brass Nemesis clones from FT and they are all great and 1:1 as far as I can tell. The SS ones seem to be luck of the draw in terms of quality, with some listings being better than others.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
HCigar is like FastTech in that they don't manufacture anything but buy from manufacturers. They're different because they seem to only purchase from a select few companies and they seem to inspect the devices they sell to determine if they're of decent quality. You won't find drippers designed for dual coil builds with only 1 set of airholes, for example, like you will at FastTech. They also don't directly sell to the public like FastTech. So things "from" HCigar tend to be a bit more expensive because they're of decent quality. Things from FastTech can be of just as good a quality but they can also be junk. You really want to read the reviews and the discussion section in the item listing to see what others think of a particular item.

I've bought 4 different Nemeses from FastTech. All are 1:1 with the proper threading, can take the hybrid and semi-hybrid adapters, fit the 3D dripper, etc. Good machining of threads, acceptable finish. I got stainless steel, brass, copper and gunmetal finished versions. Also got 3 sets of the aluminum anodized tubes they offered. And magnets, semi-hybrid kits, 3D atomizers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Bsoplinger is correct, Hcigar contrary to popular belief is not a manufacturer. They should be thought of more as a distributor.

I have a FT ChiYou and compared to a Hcigar model. It was identical. However as mentioned FT buys from SEVERAL different suppliers so it depends on the particular model purchased as some are true 1:1 clones, if not very close - or arguably better - and some just look similar externally

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
This is true. Unfortunately Fasttech tend not to make any comment on which factory/name etc.

I tend to wait for good reviews before ordering.

Generally a good idea, but you still need to be cautious with FT because they are known to swap manufacturers/specs on a SKU without notice

bluesbishop

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
The Hcigar Nemesis is a 1:1 clone, Fasttech sells several versions... Some seem better than others....but $60 for a Hcigar is way too much! You can buy two ( a stainless steel and a Brass) for that price from Vapor Royalty! http://www.vaperoyalty.com/hcigar-nemesis-mod/

Sent from my LG G2 on the Sprint Spark Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread