Not open for further replies.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Here's the deal.... I have been vaping about a month. Been using ego batteries have alot of ce4,5 clearos. Some leak, etc. but I have been sampling lots of juices--flavors and brands-- to see what I like and I bought tanks for each and if I don't like the juice, I do a clean and burn and reuse for another sample.... After reviews, I have purchased the kanger Protank--Pyrex--mainly for the citrus and cinnamon favors, and a few of the Kanger Evod tanks. Also ordered extra atomizers for both. Can I clean tank tank and atomizer/wick to try different favors or switch juices or do I have o change out head/atty each time? These tanks are alot more expensive compared to the deals i found on ce4+ clearos!! I would assume answers and comments would be the same for both kanger tanks since they are bottom wick tanks and the main difference other than materials and size is the evod tank replacement heads are short and the protank heads are long, from what I see. Please give me any feedback as I transition away from clearos. I hear the flavor and vape is much better withe the evod and protank. Please comment!!

shedevil7953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Central Indiana
Hi, yes you can take apart and clean them. I do a hot water rinse of all parts, shake off excess moisture and blot the wicks sticking out on the coil heads. Then I soak them in vodka overnight, do a hot water rinse and let dry 24 hours. I don't reassemble while drying. Hope this helps. You can get a lot of life out of them by cleaning to eliminate the previous flavor.

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
Protanks are easy to change juices..... Just rinse out the tank, unscrew the head, pop in another, then rinse the old head and dry for an hour or so.

If you're switching up flavors all the time, consider a rda dripper. You'll get better flavor and vape than any tank can provide, and when you want to switch flavors..... Just drip it on!

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Protanks are easy to change juices..... Just rinse out the tank, unscrew the head, pop in another, then rinse the old head and dry for an hour or so.

If you're switching up flavors all the time, consider a rda dripper. You'll get better flavor and vape than any tank can provide, and when you want to switch flavors..... Just drip it on!

Thanks can you tell me where or what type dripper you talking about? I do try alot of favors, and maybe this will be a little easier and cheaper. Do they work on the ego batteries? Maybe a link to buy?

Last edited:

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
Rebuildable drip atomizers (RDA's) IMHO provide the best taste, are inexpensive, but they do require building a coil around a wick and attaching to the posts. It's not hard, there's countless YouTube videos on how to do. Since you're wrapping a coil, a digital multimeter should be used to check ohms and for shorts... You can get cheap ones for under $7. For an ego battery you'd want a smaller dripper like a Octopus, Phoenix, or an Igo-S .... There's a bunch of Chinese clones in this group for under $10. Of course you'll need kanthal wire and either silica or cotton wick too. For an ego battery, I'd suggest 32gauge kanthal, with 5 wraps it will be around 2 ohms. I use cotton wicks....butchers twine.... Others use yarn or cotton pads cut up, or you can purchase some silica wick. An advantage to having this wire and wick is you can use the same to rebuild your protank heads instead of buying new ones, with a little practice, you'll find the protank heads you rebuild are much better than ones you can buy.

If you don't want to build coil/wick, the HH357 Cisco is a highly recommended dripper, just screw it on, drip a few drops of juice, and vape. Many other ways to drip including using an old carto, even an old ego type atomizer, but I do find the RDAs or 357 superior.

I brew my own DIY juices, use a RDA to sample different flavors all the time, and often use one relaxing at home. For in the car or out and about I use a tank, drippers aren't as practical.

just google 'rba dripper', you'll find many links, check out YouTube reviews and videos, & do some forum searches.... Tons of excellent advice here!

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Thanks. Help me out a minute. I have about 20 samples to try out, and I understand that the RBA is easiest and fastest way to just sample each juice and if I like the juice, I'll probably transfer to a tank and if I don't like, I'll try again later or trash it!! What are the steps if I buy a ready to go dripper like the cisco 357 for jumping from one flavor to the next? What is priming, if necessary, and what to do to change to next flavor, rinse it, blow it out, etc? Please help!

Ragenowski

Jun 6, 2013
TEXAS
I can't speak about the Protanks but I use a Kanger MT3 and have been vaping about the same or maybe a little longer than you have and let me tell you the MT3 has been much, MUCH better for me than the vision clearos were. I still have one vision clearo that I keep on hand in my kit as a spare just in case but as long as I keep my kanger coil/wicks cleaned out about once a week I enjoy the flavor MUCH more and the vapor it gives has been just as good if not better. I'm using a really cheap battery (eGo 650) and I only have one of those right now because money is tight and I can't afford more but this battery is running strong after not quite 2 months.

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
Thanks. Help me out a minute. I have about 20 samples to try out, and I understand that the RBA is easiest and fastest way to just sample each juice and if I like the juice, I'll probably transfer to a tank and if I don't like, I'll try again later or trash it!! What are the steps if I buy a ready to go dripper like the cisco 357 for jumping from one flavor to the next? What is priming, if necessary, and what to do to change to next flavor, rinse it, blow it out, etc? Please help!

Avidvaper.com, the maker of cisco's, has directions and a video for these atomizers. Blow out the primer, put in juice, a few sucks, you're ready to vape.

RBA's are faster and easier for sampling multiple juices, cheaper, and will waster much less juice with a very small wick ..... Highly preferred for sampling!

Regardless, they both give the best flavor possible. Once you use a protank or cart system afterward with the same juice, you'll be disappointed in the flavor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread