Questions about mixing VG with the ejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jozbaldwin

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2009
Hello everyone, I've been without a single analog for about 6 months now thanks to the e-cigarette, after trying various models and juices this is what I'm doing now and I wanted to get your opinion.

I live in south america and the ejuice is really expensive here, so this is what I do, I buy a 36mg ejuice and mix it with a local VG wich is really cheap, 1$ for about 90ml (third world country prices, dont get scared, it is normal for natural products).

I mix 33% VG and 66% 36mg juice to make a 12mg juice wich is what I vape with almost no extra cost, the only downside is that the VG that I was able to get here also has acohol on it, do you think that could be bad in any way, or is it just like using non nic PG wich is also a alcohol???

Thanks.

lachirris

Feb 7, 2009
Cancun Mexico
Hi Joz, if you mix 33% VG and 66% 36 mg nic juice, your resultant mix is almost 24 mg nic! Not 12. Be careful.
May be you just write it backwards. 66% VG and 33% 36 mg juice give you almost 12.

On the other hand, you ask about alcohol.
Your VG has alcohol in it? What kind of alcohol?
VG is an alcohol itself.
The only recommended alcohol to be added is pure ethanol (alcohol etílico al 98%).
The one used in liquor.
Do not use those for curing wounds, that is 70% ethanol, 30% something else (like bitrex, also known as denatonium benzoate).
So just to be sure, your VG has bitter flavor? Don´t use it for vaping.

If your VG has pure ethanol in it, it only causes that your atomizer run a little hotter.

jozbaldwin

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2009
Thanks for you replies, I wrote the mix backwards, it is in fact 33% juice and 66% VG, and the VG is suposed to be food grade and eatable since bought it in a place called "el bazar de la cocinera" (it means something like the store of the cook), but it doesn't show the ingredients list or any details in the bottle.

They just told me it is used for making cakes and you can in fact eat it, I'm just asking about the alcohol cause they mentioned it, it seems they know less about the staff that I did, :p ... since they say it's eatable maybe ethanol is just a part of the formula to make it less thick.

I vaped it without any juice at first to test it and it has no bitter taste, it actually has no taste at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread