Questions about RSST on a Silver Bullet

Status
Not open for further replies.

poptart141

Jun 11, 2013
USA
I have a Silver Bullet that I'm currently using at 3.7V. I have come to find that 3.7V is much weaker than I would like, so I'm thinking of getting two 3V batteries to use it at 6V. So here is where the RSST comes in.

I'm looking into getting the RSST to use with my Silver Bullet. However, I'm not too familiar with how this would work on SB in regards to 3.7V versus 6V. If I'm planning on getting the batteries to run the SB at 6V, what resistance should I shoot for on the RSST coil so that, you know, the whole thing doesn't blow up in my face? :2cool: Would it just make more sense to run it at 3.7V and shoot for lower resistance coils?

Thanks in advance!

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
I agree with Mike. Stacking batteries is just asking for them to vent, especially if you plan to use rebuildables. There are two simple ways to get an extra "kick" in your vape. The first is called, ironically, a Kick! I'm sure you've heard of it... it's the little module that lets you control wattage. If your vape seems weak, just set it up a few watts. And the Kick will make it stay at that wattage no matter what atomizer you're using.

The second method is what you mentioned: build a lower ohm coil. I find rebuildables to be, in general, a more intense vape than any normal atty or clearo or carto, so you may be fine regardless. I used to use a Kick when using a carto tank, but now that I have my rebuildables, it's just me and the battery. :)

I'm not sure how stacking batteries effects the amp limit of your batteries, but if you really must vape at 6 volts, Ikenvape says 3.5 ohms is recommended for 4.5 to 6 volts.

poptart141

Jun 11, 2013
USA
Yeah, I know that 6V with two stacked batteries is a little iffy. I know a lot of people use it that way, but I'd probably rather not risk it to be honest.

Thanks for the extra information, guys. Ironically, I used to have a kick and the extension ring for the SB, but ended up sending it back. That was before I quite knew what I was doing in regards to the cargo tank that I had on it at the time. I think the better route then would be to go for the RSST at 3.7V with a lower resistance coil, then maybe add in the Kick again later.

I know they came out with the Kick 2, which from what I learned in GrimmGreen's video, no longer fits right in the SB. Here's to hoping the original Kick is still for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread