Questions about the 902

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickmurphy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
san francisco
I'm drawn to the blue and the red auto 902s, as I have Sideshos in those colors and they look great. I was then floored when I clicked on the 902 atomizers and see what looks like red and blue metallic cartomizers in the picture. My questions are:

Are they metallic?

There does not appear to be an endcap, as on a cartomizer, so how does this work?

Does one have to have the cone thing to vape these?

Are 902's two piece or three piece?

I really like it when a pv is the same basic shape and size as an analog (which is why I'm asking about the cones), but I really like the metallic looking "carts" in the picture.

edited because I thought of more questions:

Is the auto 902 larger than the sidesho?

Are any of the parts interchangeable... specifically, will the pretty metallic looking atomizers that look like cartos, fit on the sideshos?

Last edited:

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Yeah if they're colored and metallic, then they are atomizers, which would make the PV a three piece. To have a two piece, get the cartomizers, but they are not colored. I personally like not having the bottom of the PV be the same as the battery - similar to most analogs. The 902 is fatter than a Sidesho. I think it was Berube though that liked using a 902 atty or carto on a thinner Sidesho battery. There is no cone for a 902 or Sidesho. The cone is only for the LUX, and even then, its not "needed". Its simply used to encase the atty or carto and give a more aerodynamic look.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
There does not appear to be an endcap, as on a cartomizer, so how does this work?

The 902 and Sidesho cartomizers have end caps. I won't go into it as you seem to already know that. You also seem to already know how the Sidesho atty works. So here's the explanation on how the colored 902 atomizers work. In addition to the 902 atomizer, you need the 3rd piece of making the PV a three piece.... the cart (inner and outer). You can buy either blank or pre-filled carts, just like you would with a Sidesho, except they look different. That inner and outer cart then slips into the end of the 902 atomizer and makes the entire thing about a half inch longer than just the atomizer. A 902 cartomizer is about the same length as a 902 atomizer without the cart.

patrickmurphy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
san francisco
Thank you. Now I see that the finished product, all assembled, is actually pictured on the same page (in a picture of a MV "holder") and the black part sticking out of the sucking end is the inner cart/cap thing.

I would love to see a regular cartomizer in these same colors, sans the black end part, someday. I think it would look great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread