Questions about vape w/ security

Status
Not open for further replies.

aut.wing17

Jan 28, 2018
Ok i'm leaving to go to a family members house across the states in a couple of weeks and i'm a very anxious person so I just need some guidance. I've read multiple articles about carrying your vape on the plane but I just have a couple questions. They say remove your batteries and put them in your checked-in baggage but I have a stick v8 vape (sorry if I didn't use proper terminology) and obviously cannot remove my batteries. Would it just be safe to take apart the vape and then put it back in the box that it was originally packaged in? Also my sister who's underage is coming along and wants to bring her vape too, will they card her? And lastly when I go through security with it, if I have my vape with me, do I pull it out and put it in the plastic bins with the rest of my electronics or keep it in my bag? Please help!!

Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Per TSA

These devices are prohibited in checked baggage by international regulations and the FAA prohibits carriage in checked baggage. These devices can only be carried in the aircraft cabin (in carry-on baggage or on your person). Please also check your airline’s policy as they may place additional restrictions on these devices.

When a carry-on bag is checked at the gate or planeside, all electronic cigarette and vaping devices, along with any spare lithium batteries, must be removed from the bag and should be taken with you in the aircraft cabin.

You may travel with dry batteries (AA, AAA, C, and D) in your carry-on or checked baggage. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) prohibits loose lithium batteries from being transported in checked baggage.

=====================
So any lithium batteries must be in carry on and the vape devices must be in carry on. Any liquids including ejuice can be in carry on if less than 100ml container. any liquid over 100 ml must be in checked baggage.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You must, must must NOT put batteries in checked luggage. Your plane interior will have equalized pressure but baggage doesn't. Emptying and removing the tanks in carry on will ensure no leaking happens during the flight, and also no autofires if the mod is switched off. If you are a nervous flyer I might suggest some nic gum or lozenges for the flight, since I really feel it to be (especially these days) a bad idea to "stealth" vape in flight. Good idea to put any minor's vapes with yours. You should be perfectly fine, security agents (airlines or otherwise) deal with vape equipment more than once a day (many more times, probably) and most likely will not give things a second look. Ideally, if you want to bring vape liquid it might be best to take carryon as well, it is more likely to leak in checked baggage (although not always) just be mindful of the amount of "liquid" you are allowed to bring in carry on and package it in the appropriate sized containers.

Have a wonderful trip!

Anna

Reactions: KC0YNU
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread