Questions: Dual parallel batteries and premature chip death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antwoord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
I'm looking for a regulated box mod that uses two batteries in parallel or one battery and has good battery life with .4 to .5 ohm SS TC coils at not more than 20 watts and 350 degrees. I may be a tootle puffer, but I make my own juice and it only tastes good at lower settings. I love my eLeaf Ipower and I think the temperature control feature on it works well, but I'm also looking for a mod that will have a longer overall life due to being able to replace batteries. Which brings me to my next question.

I've bought one expensive regulated mod since starting vaping in 2010. The chip went dead after 1 year. That was in 2012. So today I'm wondering if the more expensive chips like DNA and Yihi are worth the extra price due to not having planned obsolescence built in? Is it really worth it to get a mod with replaceable batteries in the hopes that you can use the mod itself for a longer period of time?

What is the shelf life of your TC box mods?

Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I personally use a HCigar VT 75D. Dual parallel battery DNA 75C mod. I also use .5 ohm SS coils in TC and this is perfect. I vape a bit higher than you 30w 435F and get close to 2 days of battery life (more like 1.5 - 1.75 days) but I vape a lot. DNA boards have a 1 year warranty but I think most people get a lot longer than that out of them. I have had mine since Oct and zero issues or problems to date, with all day, every day use. Also from watching disassembly videos it looks like it would be easy to replace just the board, should something happen after the warranty so you wouldn't need to buy a whole new mod. I like this mod so much that if the FDA starts looking like they may ban or restrict mods, I will probably buy 3 more of these for the housings, and like a box of the bare boards to last the rest of my life.

Antwoord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
I personally use a HCigar VT 75D. Dual parallel battery DNA 75C mod. I also use .5 ohm SS coils in TC and this is perfect. I vape a bit higher than you 30w 435F and get close to 2 days of battery life (more like 1.5 - 1.75 days) but I vape a lot. DNA boards have a 1 year warranty but I think most people get a lot longer than that out of them. I have had mine since Oct and zero issues or problems to date, with all day, every day use. Also from watching disassembly videos it looks like it would be easy to replace just the board, should something happen after the warranty so you wouldn't need to buy a whole new mod. I like this mod so much that if the FDA starts looking like they may ban or restrict mods, I will probably buy 3 more of these for the housings, and like a box of the bare boards to last the rest of my life.

Thanks much! That things looks awesome, and it is great to know you can reach the chip to replace it! It's not a bad price either. I am adding this one to the list, though I am having a hard time finding a dual battery version of it.

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have a RX200 (3-battery wattage/TC mod), a Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus (2-battery wattage/TC mod), and a JAC Vapour series B DNA75 (single battery wattage/TC mod).

I get a full day use with all Samsung 30Q 15A 3000mah batteries in all three mods at 30 watts. I'm totally convinced that a DNA mod is more battery efficient than one that uses a generic board. I've only had my JAC for about 6 months, so I can't comment on its longivity.

JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

images
JAC Vapour DNA75

Antwoord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
Thank you for all of the suggestions. I will either rewire my house and put new insulation in the attic or buy several of the mods that have been mentioned lol!

I’m glad to hear good things about the segeleis. The last time I bought one of those it was a vamo copy, or lavatube, one of those and it made me paranoid. Almost got a 5 gallon bucket of sand to dunk the battery in in case of emergency. Whew!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I'm looking for a regulated box mod that uses two batteries in parallel or one battery and has good battery life with .4 to .5 ohm SS TC coils at not more than 20 watts and 350 degrees. I may be a tootle puffer, but I make my own juice and it only tastes good at lower settings. I love my eLeaf Ipower and I think the temperature control feature on it works well, but I'm also looking for a mod that will have a longer overall life due to being able to replace batteries. Which brings me to my next question.

I've bought one expensive regulated mod since starting vaping in 2010. The chip went dead after 1 year. That was in 2012. So today I'm wondering if the more expensive chips like DNA and Yihi are worth the extra price due to not having planned obsolescence built in? Is it really worth it to get a mod with replaceable batteries in the hopes that you can use the mod itself for a longer period of time?

What is the shelf life of your TC box mods?

I don’t know about longevity but my DNA and Yihi mods go 2-3 days before the batteries need recharging. All my other mods need changing every 24 hours.

Hope this helps.

Antwoord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
I don’t know about longevity but my DNA and Yihi mods go 2-3 days before the batteries need recharging. All my other mods need changing every 24 hours.

Hope this helps.

Wow that supports what Badditude was saying about the DNA chips being more energy efficient. I will definitely be buying a few DNA mods now. Thank you!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I can attest that my DNA mods get longer battery life, I have to assume it's the chip although certain other makers, like Teslacigs, have a very efficient power board as well. Although the DNAs do seem to be king, in that regard. They are just very very efficient. So if you want to go with a low ohms build that may help you (as well as making sure you have the right battery for the job, so to speak).

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread