quick 5 volt question:

Status
Not open for further replies.

obrian93

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Just so I'm 100% clear on this:

The bulk of higher voltage batteries/passthroughs are, in fact, driving the same 3.7v attys I'm using now, and they're just getting much hotter much faster?

Assuming my first bit of assuming is rightly assumed: the life of the atty would then be reduced by about half. Is this so?

Very curious about this whole business. Thanks (and thanks for this whole goldmine of information).

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Its all a matter of opinion.

Is it worth it to me? No..

I actually enjoy a much more relaxed type of vape......

Long inhale.. enjoying the flavour and the vapour.......then exhale..

This I get perfectly well from a 3.7v combined with an 801 atty. We are all different, we all like different things.

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
The Vapor is soooooo much better it is well worth it.

I have vaped at 5 volts and 6 Volt for the past 2 1/2 months or so and I will never go back to 3.7 volt.

At 6 volt I did seem to burn through a few atty fast. To me the 6 volts never tasted good.

I use 5 volt exclusively now and my atty still last a month or more. 5 Volts dosen't seem to have a burnt taste- maybe that is why my attys are lasting longer at 5 volts.

The 8$ atty can burn out at any time.

Hobbiest not a Manufacturer

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
If you have a 6V device, can you just put different batteries in it to make it a 5V?

At present there are no 5v batteries.
So no you cant do it..

5v is achieved by using a combination of 2 batteries at 3v ea or 3.7 ea and the 5v is achieved by using a resistor or regulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread