So tell me about 5 volt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgeiger002

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Tampa, FL
I pretty much have only been vaping 3.7 v (Riva/Egos) I drip into 510 attys - prefer 2.0 to 2.2 resistance...The TH and flavor are great. So what makes 5 volts so much better to many? Is it more flavor and TH? I'm already getting plenty of vapor so that would not sway me.

If someone can just enlighten me? ... what's their impressions on the two voltages and what dictates preference I'd be much obliged? I'm assuming 5v gives a better TH. What about flavor? Specifically with FSUSA's Wyatt Earp (My everyday vape).

Just curious? - Thanks

Last edited:

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Specifically 5 volts will be a bit hot IMO , I run at 4.6 - 4.8 volts ( I tried Wyatt and it liked 4.7 volts or so ) 5 volts was too hot for me .
Rule of thumb higher voltage = less flavor over 4.3 volts or so . we have tested this a LOT ( voltage vs flavor ) the best flavor for individual juices varies but over all 4.5 volts tended to be the avg. sweet spot for most juices.

Buzzy

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2010
Chicago
It's not the voltage alone, but the combination of voltage and resistance. A 3.7 battery with a 2 ohm atomizer/cartomizer, or a 5v battery with a 3.0 to 3.2 ohm atomizer/cartomizer both provide somewhat warmer vape and more th than say a 3.7 battery with a 3.0 to 3.2 atty/carto.
voltage*voltage/resistance = watts, and it is wattage that gives better information on what to expect from the vape. Most consider the sweet spot to run between 5 and 8 watts, generally between 6 and 7 overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread