Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
California
Hi there,

I need to purchase another set of batteries for my new mod. 16340's stacked in a VV wood boxmod.

My question is what is the difference between these two batteries? and which of the two is better suited to have two stacked in a VV boxmod?

SuperT Manufacturing

AW IMR 16340 550mAh
3.7v

vs.

AW ICR 123 / 16340
750mAH Protected 3.7 volt

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
The IMR are designed for high current (typically 8 - 10C, or 4,4 - 5.5A), but have no protection (nothing to prevent problems with a shorted atty, or from being drained too low, or...)

The protected ICR are rated for lower continuous current, typically about 2C (1.5A draw for 750 mAh batteries), though they'll often be pushed a bit, towards 3C.

Check with the mod vendor for which they recommend. A stacked VV might not be too bad current-wise, depends on the regulator used.

Last edited:

Cyclin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
California
The IMR is a safe chemistry battery with no protection circuitry . It can handle higher current drain.

The ICR has an inbuilt protection circuit against shorts and overdischarge

Personally I would choose IMR's especially in mods that have a high current drain.

The IMR are designed for high current (typically 8 - 10C, or 4,4 - 5.5A), but have no protection (nothing to prevent problems with a shorted atty, or from being drained too low, or...)

The protected ICR are rated for lower continuous current, typically about 2C (1.5A draw for 750 mAh batteries), though they'll often be pushed a bit, towards 3C.

Check with the mod vendor for which they recommend. A stacked VV might not be too bad current-wise, depends on the regulator used.

Thanks guys! That was exactly the info I needed. I'm gonna go with the IMR's

Thanks again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread