Quick bit of love for the Orchid V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

auxsend

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2014
Enola, PA
I have been trying to find my RTA paradise for a while now. I usually just use drippers, but on the go, I like the convenience of having a tank.

I have messed with Kayfuns now for a while, and at first thought they were ok, but even with the airflow expanded, I felt like the draw was still very restricted.
So I ordered an Orchid V3 on a whim hoping it would be the best of both worlds. And wow.

I got home last night and built it to .5 ohms using two 28 gauge micro coils. Easy deck to build on, took no time at all.
I wicked it as other people had suggested, with the cotton just to the juice channels. I put it together, slapped it on my IPV2, put some liquid in it and prayed for the best.

Bam. Nice smooth draw, no restriciton, huge vapor, I'm in love. I really believe that the Orchid is the true Dripper's tank.
I've run it up to 40 watts already and had no dry hits or wicking issues with 70% VG juice. Amazing!

Ok. That's it. I'm just so excited about this thing.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
I like the Orchid too. Happy for you to have had a positive 1st build on it, doesn't always work like that for many people.
It's my at work tank on an old Vamo so I run a single coil. I wick over/through the posts to the opposite juice channels and have avoided leaks and still get a nice airy draw.

I absolutely love mine, the deck is a little bit small for my favorite builds, but going back to 28 gauge kanthal and just throwing on a 0.5 with ease and no complications whatsoever was refreshing. And the vapor/flavor is just about on par with my patriot and castle rda's. Only gripe I have about it is the solid piece chimney.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
I absolutely love mine, the deck is a little bit small for my favorite builds, but going back to 28 gauge kanthal and just throwing on a 0.5 with ease and no complications whatsoever was refreshing. And the vapor/flavor is just about on par with my patriot and castle rda's. Only gripe I have about it is the solid piece chimney.

I'm +1 on the chimney. I always forget until I rebuild.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
They (FT) are now selling the longer chimneys for the Orchid, so you can use a full-sized Kayfun tank with it. At least it gets some use out of your dust-collecting Kayfun parts...

I love my Orchid (V2) too, awesome. I am waiting for the rickshaw to arrive with a Big Dripper Clone to see how the two compare.

Glad to see a lot of love for the Orchid, it deserves to be in every vaper's arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread