Quick but important emergency question for battery modders

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_maiden_fair

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
SD , USA
I mistakenly left my spare battery on the charger at work, hence, no charger to charge my battery and no spare to use til I get to work tomorrow afternoon. I have a riva 510, 3.7v. I had a spare pv, but a friend borrowed it, and liked it so much, that she bought it from me. Another one is on the way, but will not be here when I truely need it. My question is this...I took my cheapo cartomizer off my battery, took a 9v battery out of the drawer, wired it to the carto (with positive lead off until I want to vape), and it works! What I am worried about is...will it blow up in my face? It is just temporary until tomorrow, so won't use it indefinately. I do not have a passthru or anything, and don't want to try to wire it up to any other charger, for safety sake. I realize that 9volts is a bit high, but it is the easiest battery I have to use at present. AAA, AA, and C have only 1.5volts, and I absolutely do not want to smoke an analog!!

Thank you!:vapor:

MadmanMacguyver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Dallas Texas
take a reading while the contact is made...and remember if the batt gets hot stop using it...they really weren't made to handle that kind of load...set the meter to volts dc whatever is your closest range above 9v also what kind of 9v is it? you are probably better off though using an old power pack from an old cordless phone or such...my first passthru was run by a 6v 900ma wall adapter...it worked...just not as good as a batt...and I know making temporary contact while using a meter is a pain...

Last edited:

MadmanMacguyver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Dallas Texas
ok you would be better off with a wall adapter the 9v may work for a bit but it will die quickly...if you have any old wall adapters wwhat you want is something in the area of 5 or 6v at least 900 to 1000 ma the best would be close to 3.7v and 2000 ma that is the area that pv batts use...

Last edited:

MadmanMacguyver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Dallas Texas
no problem...I hate to see someone have to go puff an analog...they taste horrible to me now...if you have any more questions post or pm me...I will know within a min or less on PM...it seems the subscription to thread feature takes longer...good luck:thumb:

oh when you have the meter connected the wrong way a minus sign will pop up on the left of the screen...anyway have a nice evening...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread