quick coil/battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rum87mage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
United States
Okay so lets say I have one 0.8 ohm coil on a fresh vct 3 that reads at 4.2 volts full charged. according to the ohms law calculator its hitting at 5.25 amps.
the question is if i run dual 0.8 ohm coils does that mean it will hit 10.50 amps? second question running two 0.8 ohm coils does that make the resistance go up to 1.6ohm? sense its 2 coils?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Coils can be electrically connected in parallel or series. If they are side by side it's parallel. If they are connected end to end, they are in series.

Almost all ecig coils are parallel and equal resistance, so you can add the resistances and then divide by 4 to get the combined resistance.

When you connect two coils in parallel, you divide the total by 4 to obtain the combined resistance. For more than two, there's a formula for multiple connections.

Parallel Resistor Calculator R1 + R2 = equivalent resistor R resistance circuit equiv total resistor finder made easy piggyback = parallel - sengpielaudio Sengpiel Berlin

Last edited:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Coils can be electrically connected in parallel or series. If they are side by side it's parallel. If they are connected end to end, they are in series.

Almost all ecig coils are parallel, so you add the resistances and then divide by two. I've seen 4 coils on an RDA. That would be two coils in parallel connected to two other coils in parallel.

When you connect two coils in parallel, you divide by two to obtain the combined the resistance. For more than two, there's a formula for multiple connections.

Parallel Resistor Calculator R1 + R2 = equivalent resistor R resistance circuit equiv total resistor finder made easy piggyback = parallel - sengpielaudio Sengpiel Berlin

I'm not sure what this step achieves?

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread