Status
Not open for further replies.

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
Hiya DIYers! I don't DIY (yet) but need some advice please.

I've just started dripping/mechs etc and love it but still use tanks Tritons, eGo's, MVP, Zmax etc. I've been vaping 12mg and sometimes 18mg. Of course, 12mg in a sub ohm Magma or Prometheus tends to make me look and feel like this :shock::blink:8-o so I've started buying 6mg...which isn't enough for my clearos, Nautilus etc.

What's the best place and nic to get to add to my 6mg juice and bring it a level that I don't have to chain vape when using my clearos? I've no VG nor PG allergies and usually get 50/50 if I can. Thanks in advance! :thumbs: :)

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
There are several good places to get nicotine. I usually get mine from Wizard Labs.

to bring 10 ml of 6mg/ml juice up to 12 mg/ml you'd need to add:

2.5 ml of 36 mg/ml
1.67 ml of 48 mg/ml
1.25 ml of 60 mg/ml
0.68 ml of 100 mg/ml

To bring 10 ml of 6 mg/ml juice up to 18 mg/ml, you'd need:
4 ml of 48 mg/ml
2.8 ml of 60 mg/ml
1.46 mg of 100 mg/ml

Using this spreadsheet I made to get the numbers https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dEpVRzZpNE55V1NHc25HaXlUdVlpeXc&usp=drive_web

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
Spazmelda, thank you for taking the time to type all that out! Very cool of you and very helpful! :thumbs:

I know that (in already made juice) higher nic adds a slight "peppery" taste. Would using less of a higher nic as shown above lessen that added taste to the juices that I'm increasing from 6 to say 12? I have some of the MOST delicious juices EVER and want to raise the nic level with as little change in flavor as possible (I realize some change is inevitable). Just trying to figure out which mg/ml I should get. Suggestions anyone?
Thank you

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
If you're modifying pre-mixed juice, a higher concentration of nicotine base will always require less volume to be used, as you can see from Spaz's table.

So, a higher concentration of nicotine base (100mg/ml ideal) will have the best chance of altering the flavor as little as possible.

However, it has it's downside. Still using the handy table above, let's say you're bringing your juice up to 12mg/ml. You're more likely to be off by a larger percentage using 100mg/ml, since you need so little: 0.68 ml. In this case, you're flavor is only diluted by less than 7%.

If you were using 60mg/ml strength, and wanted to use 1.25ml, your final concentration wouldn't be off as much if you used 0.02 ml extra, as above. However, your flavor is diluted by about 1.25/10, or 12.5%.

If you're confident in you're measuring abilities, or not as worried about making sure you end up with the absolutely *exact* strength you want, I'd say the higher the concentration of nic, the better.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I'd say, the amount of peppery taste added is going to be proportional to the amount of nicotine added (assuming all the nicotine is from the same vendor source). With the different base concentrations of nicotine, you are still adding the same amount of nicotine whether you are adding 2.5 ml of 36 mg/ml or 0.68 ml of 100 mg/ml.

However, as readueler said above, the less volume you add (more concentrated nicotine solution used) the less you dilute your flavors. Adding 2.5 ml is going to dilute your original flavors a lot more than adding 0.68 ml will.

I have not tried nicotine from vaping zone (?) but was just reading a thread where many people say it is the most flavorless nicotine they have found. Though, one person in the thread stated that he found it did not give much of a throat hit, which some people find a desirable effect from their liquids.

Is there any reason not to just buy bottles of your delicious juice in two different strengths?

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
Fantastic info guys! Can't thank you enough! I'm thinking I may go with the 60mg/ml to minimize the effects of both flavor dilution as well as a less impactful margin of error. I've got syringes, tons of medical equipment and the ability to be precise enough.

Spaz, I just bought many of these in rather large quantities and for budget reasons, can't justify (or afford) to double buy in order to get both nic levels. I was thinking that it be easier to just buy quantity in 6mg (since you can't move nic) and spike some for my clearos and RBAs. Thanks again! Time to order some nic!!

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
After some price comparison, I went with Wizard Labs and ordered some 100mg/ml and several blunt needles to use. Been a crazy week already and can't WAIT to spike my pre-made juices up a bit...chain vaping my clearos to the point of burning my lips trying to get enough nic is getting old!! :shock:
Thank you all again for the advice!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread