quick help neede on on selecting some rta's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royj

Sep 26, 2019
Hi again, new member, did one post here. not sure if ok to post here again or what sub forum, but can use some fast help.
plenty stocked up on nicotine, problem running into is stock coils for sub ohm tanks. going to switch to RTA's. (top airflow, am noob at building tried griffin 25 long time ago and another bottom airflow, leak city, cant risk leaking tank ruining my mods)
I have ordered the oxva arbiter, kylin mini v2, digiflavor themis (was on clearance).
None have arrived yet to be able to try. Plus got to learn how to build better, but that can wait, priority is buying tanks before everything gets shut down.
Would like to get one or 2 more incase ones ordered dont work out.
Want too place order soon, crack downs already hitting me, live in state us suppliers wont ship to, did a fastech order for misc. stuff last night. First tine ever the free or cheap e packet not available. said such and such wont allow deilivery to my address. Had to pay through the nose for shipping.
Any suggestions on other top airflow rta? like loose draw or loose enough, I dont feel like sucking through a straw. Watched alt of utube video reviews, so mixed on some many tanks gets confusing for sure, like the dead rabbit 2...
Anyone got any sugestions on one that you may have experience with or know about.
Sure would be appreciated.
Thanks a bunch

Reactions: BrotherBob

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    The Dead Rabbit 2 is a great choice. Good taste, top airflow, easy build. I had one start to leak on me after a while, but I've been using a clone for a long while without leaking. I've also got some Geekvape Zeus on order, but of course, I haven't tried them. I'm currently also using a Wotofo Recurve dual. It has top airflow, but is a little harder to build on.

pt91

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    I only use top airflow single coil rtas these days and stocked up on several extras
    My two favorites are QP MR (mini isn't bad if you can find one) and augvape Intake single.
    QPs are still available from their site in Canada. They also sell spares, orings, screws, inserts and glass which could be very important long term. They are built very well.
    The older single coil intakes are very hard to find. FT has some gold ones (not my cup of tea but I snagged two just in case).
    I have a lot of older Zeus, obs, etc that I don't use any longer.
    Both of these are easy and quick to re-wick.
    I also have the mtl intake but as the name implies it is restricted. Same concept just smaller everything.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks. whwrw did the dead rabbit leak at?. Your clone ok, where did you get it?

It would leak at the bottom of the glass. A new o-ring probably would have fixed the problem, but I didn't bother. I bought both the authentic and the clone at Fasttech, but I think they are in the process of discontinuing them. Some styles are available and some aren't.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Looks like I welcomed you before. Note that you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
    re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
    In the future, you might want to re post in the ECF forum most closely representing your subject/question. Suggest re posting in General RTA Discussion and Chat:
    RTA
    or
    Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils
    Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane/extensive information from the membership in the above/appropriate forum.

Reactions: Royj

KEstes

Apr 1, 2021
    Hi again, new member, did one post here. not sure if ok to post here again or what sub forum, but can use some fast help.
    plenty stocked up on nicotine, problem running into is stock coils for sub ohm tanks. going to switch to RTA's. (top airflow, am noob at building tried griffin 25 long time ago and another bottom airflow, leak city, cant risk leaking tank ruining my mods)
    I have ordered the oxva arbiter, kylin mini v2, digiflavor themis (was on clearance).
    None have arrived yet to be able to try. Plus got to learn how to build better, but that can wait, priority is buying tanks before everything gets shut down.
    Would like to get one or 2 more incase ones ordered dont work out.
    Want too place order soon, crack downs already hitting me, live in state us suppliers wont ship to, did a fastech order for misc. stuff last night. First tine ever the free or cheap e packet not available. said such and such wont allow deilivery to my address. Had to pay through the nose for shipping.
    Any suggestions on other top airflow rta? like loose draw or loose enough, I dont feel like sucking through a straw. Watched alt of utube video reviews, so mixed on some many tanks gets confusing for sure, like the dead rabbit 2...
    Anyone got any sugestions on one that you may have experience with or know about.
    Sure would be appreciated.
    Thanks a bunch
    I have had really awesome luck with the GeekVape zeus rta. It was my first tank to start building on and it was simple and solid enough to weather through me being a newbie.

Reactions: AvaOrchid

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I only use top airflow single coil rtas these days and stocked up on several extras
    My two favorites are QP MR (mini isn't bad if you can find one) and augvape Intake single.
    QPs are still available from their site in Canada. They also sell spares, orings, screws, inserts and glass which could be very important long term. They are built very well.
    The older single coil intakes are very hard to find. FT has some gold ones (not my cup of tea but I snagged two just in case).
    I have a lot of older Zeus, obs, etc that I don't use any longer.
    Both of these are easy and quick to re-wick.
    I also have the mtl intake but as the name implies it is restricted. Same concept just smaller everything.

Totally agree with @pt91 ,coincidence that today in the morning i got my Juggerknot MR RTA (Top Airflow) and wow!! i mean wow!!

Haven't put it down and i have been vaping like crazy,think i actually used twice the daily e-liquid i normally use hehe.
    Only time i stopped using it was to take a couple of puffs of my Hellvape Destiny RTA (Good atomizer,bottom airflow thou) just to compare the flavor...and triple wow!!

Flavor astounding,build quality superb,i am loving it!!

• Love
    Reactions: pt91

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Totally agree with @pt91 ,coincidence that today in the morning i got my Juggerknot MR RTA (Top Airflow) and wow!! i mean wow!!

Haven't put it down and i have been vaping like crazy,think i actually used twice the daily e-liquid i normally use hehe.
    Only time i stopped using it was to take a couple of puffs of my Hellvape Destiny RTA (Good atomizer,bottom airflow thou) just to compare the flavor...and triple wow!!

I'm glad to hear that, because I have a juggernaut clone on order. I had ordered another Dead Rabbit, but got an email from FT stating it was out of stock. I was going to go with a different DR, but that would have been a 5 day wait whereas the juggernaut was in stock.

pt91

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    AR

That is great to hear.
    I just unboxed, cleaned and built my second one and tried a 2.5 coil (same flat alien kanthal). Not liking it as much as the 3.0 diameter coil so far. I was trying to keep the ohms not too low and added an extra wrap. Maybe it is just taking too long to heat up. I will tinker with it.
    I almost ordered a fourth MR one today but my wallet was crying. :)

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I'm glad to hear that, because I have a juggernaut clone on order. I had ordered another Dead Rabbit, but got an email from FT stating it was out of stock. I was going to go with a different DR, but that would have been a 5 day wait whereas the juggernaut was in stock.

If it's not much trouble please send me a pm when you get the clone.
    This time it was a ''special'' occasion i don't normally spend that much on a atty so if the clone get your seal of approval i will take your word and sage advice and order another one ;)

cheers

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    If it's not much trouble please send me a pm when you get the clone.
    This time it was a ''special'' occasion i don't normally spend that much on a atty so if the clone get your seal of approval i will take your word and sage advice and order another one ;)

cheers

Will do. It was $12.71. You might have to remind me since it's gonna take a while to get here.

$12.71 ST JuggerKnot Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 6ml / stainless steel + PEI / 31mm diameter at FastTech - Free Shipping

• Love
    Reactions: Javichu

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    That is great to hear.
    I just unboxed, cleaned and built my second one and tried a 2.5 coil (same flat alien kanthal). Not liking it as much as the 3.0 diameter coil so far. I was trying to keep the ohms not too low and added an extra wrap. Maybe it is just taking too long to heat up. I will tinker with it.
    I almost ordered a fourth MR one today but my wallet was crying. :)

This is the coil i am using with mine:

Resistencia Cleopatra (2pcs) - Lady Coils (vegavapor.es)

Friend that owns the vape shop in the town i lived never seen the Juggy MR in person so he told me to pop by his store so he could see it and if he liked it maybe order a couple to have in his store.

He offered to pop in a coil and get it set up since i took the trouble to drop by.
    It's a 3mm Full Ni80 0.11 in dual,running single so it reads 0.22 ohms at the moment,not a fan of really warm vape so i am juggling between 35w and 40w but wow...didn't really expect it to be this good.

Still getting use to the top cap thou,since you unscrew it in the opposite direction as most RTA it just feels a bit weird hehe

pt91

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    This is the coil i am using with mine:

Resistencia Cleopatra (2pcs) - Lady Coils (vegavapor.es)

Friend that owns the vape shop in the town i lived never seen the Juggy MR in person so he told me to pop by his store so he could see it and if he liked it maybe order a couple to have in his store.

He offered to pop in a coil and get it set up since i took the trouble to drop by.
    It's a 3mm Full Ni80 0.11 in dual,running single so it reads 0.22 ohms at the moment,not a fan of really warm vape so i am juggling between 35w and 40w but wow...didn't really expect it to be this good.

Still getting use to the top cap thou,since you unscrew it in the opposite direction as most RTA it just feels a bit weird hehe
    I forgot to tell you about the amount of liquid you will go through :)
    I finally got used to turning the other direction and holding the mod so it doesn't come unscrewed when I fill.
    I just switched back to my first MR with the 3.0 diameter coil and it is better. I am getting an odd air swirl on the new one at 2.5 diameter.
    Both coils are about .51-.56 with same liquid and drip tip. Airflow open about 2/3. About 39 watts. I like a dense, not too warm vape.
    I would prefer to get around .65-75 but the fixed width of the deck makes it hard with the sort of wire I use. Still looking for a finer, flat kanthal clapton. So far I can't find it on a spool.

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Reactions: Javichu

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    problem running into is stock coils for sub ohm tanks.

What coils were you looking for, for sub ohm tanks? I bought many boxes of various ones for the guys I was helping to stock up, and 1 of them is no longer planning on vaping longterm. I may have some of what you were looking for, if you're still going to get some sub-ohm tanks. I'm not really trying to sell the extras I have but...if someone really needs them...I'd possibly part with them. If I don't have the ones you were looking for, I may be able to find some for you in the US.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Thanks brotherbob, will do
    Very few of us will unlikely see your appreciation reply above because we do not get any followup notifications as you have posted. You can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon, or other icons, at bottom right hand corner (of this post thumbs up symbol) ditto for each reply. This action will notify the poster(s) of your chosen noted response.

Reactions: Royj
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread