RTA with Great Airflow and Decent Sized Building Deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Try the Kayfun V4. Air flow is very free for an RTA and it holds up to 3.8ml. The build deck has 4 screws that let you build on one side or the other, or you can build diagonally. It's meant to be a single coil atty, but lots of people build it dual coil and with twisted dual Kanthal.

Leaking has been a problem for some and not others. Those who replaced the lower o-rings with the next size up say that they have no more leaks. I haven't done that with mine yet, but I can tell that the stack o-rings are too small. You can barely feel the o-rings touch when you screw parts together. I like to be able to tell when the rubber hits steel and have a fraction more rotation to compress.

There's a noticeable difference in flavor and vapor, and much easier draw and air flow between the Kayfun V3 and the Kayfun V4.

Last edited:
Looking to buy an RTA but there are so many options, so I've come to you great people! Im looking for an RTA that holds a good amount of juice, has really good airflow, and a decent sized deck to build on, that wont leak! HELP ME!

I have a Lemo and a Goblin with a Goliath and Cthuhlu on the way. I love the Lemo with its simplicity of build (This was my learner) but it is definitely more restrictive on the airflow than my Goblin. The Goblin is incredible but also much more difficult to build on. I can' wait for my Goliath and Cthulhu to arrive next week... so far the Cthulhu promises to have everything that you're looking for with massive airflow (even more than the goblin supposedly) and a little bigger of a build deck. The Goliath is also supposed to have nearly the same airflow as the Goblin which if true will be amazing since the build deck looks a bit bigger and simpler to build on. You might want to check out Youde's new subohm tank as well - The Zephyrus (sp?) - it looks VERY promising with the option of using replaceable coils or using the RBA deck

doofy666

Dec 31, 2014
Wales, UK
Leaking has been a problem for some and not others. Those who replaced the lower o-rings with the next size up say that they have no more leaks. I haven't done that with mine yet, but I can tell that the stack o-rings are too small. You can barely feel the o-rings touch when you screw parts together. I like to be able to tell when the rubber hits steel and have a fraction more rotation to compress.

Leaking is not an issue at all in any authentic K4. Some clones have oring issues which result in leakage. These are invariably fixable, tho it can be a PITA if you happen to get a leaking clone.

All this post says is that the poster happened to get a K4 clone with oring issues.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Leaking is not an issue at all in any authentic K4. Some clones have oring issues which result in leakage. These are invariably fixable, tho it can be a PITA if you happen to get a leaking clone.

All this post says is that the poster happened to get a K4 clone with oring issues.

All this post says is that your authentic Kayfun hasn't leaked. I highly doubt that is universally true.

On the topic, I don't believe the Kayfun V4 has what most would consider "really good airflow" by current standards. It is an excellent flavor producing tank better suited for MTL.

Reactions: 52anddone

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I have a few kayfuns V4, none authentic and leaking is not a problem for me. The Kayfun lites dont leak as long as you dont lay them down. But what I would recomend for what your looking for is the kanger subtank mini. It can run the stock coils or the RBA deck that comes ith it. Airflow is awesome on it. Before I got my Kanger The Kayfun V4's and Lemo II's was my favoirites. Now I prefer the kanger. To me superior airflow and flavor delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread