Quick protank update

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
Someone asked me to post an update after I used this thing for a few days so here it is...don't take my word for it though, try one and decide for yourself.

This is the best thing I've bought since i picked up my v8 kit and got an extra one for $32 shipped total. In the past 3 days I've run 6 full tanks through it and have used nothing else, just haven't felt the need to - normally i rotate a bunch of vivi's all day but get tired of them by nightfall and resort to dripping into a 306 to get some throat hit and flavor and give my poor wrist a break from the constant tipping and rotating required to make em hit right - the protank's been maintenance and hassle-free since I first took it outta the box tho - all u have to do is keep it filled w/ juice - i haven't cleaned it or even touched it w/ a paper towel since mon at 12pm and it's hitting the exact same now as it did then. the flavor and throat hit are on a whole 'nother level from vivi's and more than meet expecatations. Haven't gotten a single dry hit or hint of a burnt taste in 36 straight hours of vaping. It's been 100% perfect.

Durability "test", i dropped it 3ft onto thick glass and it basically rolled over and winked at me...it's solid....hasn't left my v8 for more than 30 sec since i screwed it on and after 3 days of non-stop vaping i can honestly tell u it's the best juice delivery device i've ever tried. no contest, not even close.

I was so sick of vivi's, can't stand cartos and this is exactly what i was looking for when someone recommended it to me 4 weeks ago after hearing what i wanted in a tank - i have yet to wade into the deep end and get lost in the world of rba's btw but i was desperately trying to avoid that when this thing came along and so far it's been the floating-o-ring i was praying it would be. rly the heads dying too quick would be the only thing to spoil an otherwise flawless tank but somehow I just don't see that happening...if it did i wouldn't care cuz to me this much hassle-free vaping is well worth the cost.

So overall at this point I think it's safe to say I love this thing and I urge everyone to try one cuz it's def not hype, this is next level stuff right here.

hood ratings:

Flavor: 8/10 (10 being a bridgeless 306 atty, vivi being a 5 or 4)
Throat hit: 8/10 (vivi = 6/10)
Build quality: 9/10 (not sure of longevity but again, no worries)
Looks: 10/10
Sexiness: off the charts
Temperment: possessive and jealous (it spends hours glaring at my other devices like they have no right even being in the same room w/ it and u know what, I don't disagree)
Overall assessment: I've found my one and only and we're riding off into the sunset together. rba's pls stop calling to me u soulless succubi of evilness, i'm happy now, leave me alone for just a little while...at least lemme enjoy a solid month of satisfied vaping before u lure me back to ur tick-infested jungle of confusion.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Mine is on the mail truck! Mine is on the mail truck! I love online tracking! Mine is on the mail truck!

cat-headphones-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sexiness: off the charts...

Thank you for posting your review, but I don't want to know what sort of tests you did with it to come up with that rating...

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
Mine is on the mail truck! Mine is on the mail truck! I love online tracking! Mine is on the mail truck!

Thank you for posting your review, but I don't want to know what sort of tests you did with it to come up with that rating...

It certainly wasn't pretty... Didn't realize I was speaking to the almighty ocelot....

1234_zpsbc230ddc.jpg

Last edited:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com

I presume that cat is an ocelittle.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
You've convinced me that it's worth waiting for the QV birthday discount at the end of the month, and then buy a Protank with a couple a few additional coils. I'll admit that I wonder if the glass tank will make a difference compared to the plastic tank clearos I'm using now. I'm totally happy with the plastic but hey, if it gets even better I won't complain.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
You've convinced me that it's worth waiting for the QV birthday discount at the end of the month, and then buy a Protank with a couple a few additional coils. I'll admit that I wonder if the glass tank will make a difference compared to the plastic tank clearos I'm using now. I'm totally happy with the plastic but hey, if it gets even better I won't complain.

Ok, idk anything about t3's and other bottom coil clearos I freely admit - went from cartos to ce4's to vivi nova's to dripping atomizers and just got a protank...I'm a newbie who gives advice to other newbies cuz I know just a lil bit more lol - I'm not one to be taken seriously when it comes to all this crap. I was asked to give my opinion so I did, didn't say it was grounded in anything other than a basic knowledge of a few popular devices. I own the cheapest vv mod there is and love it so...take my opinion w/ a grain of salt is all I can say.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
I see you got a copy of my poor sister's picture from last night. She's never been quite the same after that incident with the little girl...

026_001.jpg

ok ocelot. ur really into familial intrigue aren't ya...second time uv gone into making cracks about family members...that's cool tho, not judging...

matcas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Los Angeles Calif.
I agree totally it's the best tank I have used. been using 3 days outstanding flavor great throat hit great I actually take smaller drags real solid throat hit. Also it has gotten better since the coil broke in and no juice turning dark like I get with my t3's.
Like dark said I dont have the desire to keep rotating flavors I just stick with the protank and I have noticed it's not a juice hog It seems i'm vaping less juice but I'm not vaping less.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Ok, idk anything about t3's and other bottom coil clearos I freely admit - went from cartos to ce4's to vivi nova's to dripping atomizers and just got a protank...I'm a newbie who gives advice to other newbies cuz I know just a lil bit more lol - I'm not one to be taken seriously when it comes to all this crap. I was asked to give my opinion so I did, didn't say it was grounded in anything other than a basic knowledge of a few popular devices. I own the cheapest vv mod there is and love it so...take my opinion w/ a grain of salt is all I can say.
OK, so I guess that disclaimer may discourage me from suing you if I don't find the Protank worth the fairly modest amount of additional money, lol. Seriously, your opinion is appreciated. I've used nothing but clearos so far and intend to continue that way. I'm happy with them and glass would be cool. My clearos: a bunch of Ce4s, a T3 and a Titan (6ml) which I just yesterday got to work right. I had to take a pair of needle-nosed pliers and gently pull on the coil from the bottom, because it wasn't making contact with my Ego batteries and as of today, my Vision spinner batteries. The spinners have made a world of difference. Setting them to about 4.1V causes the clouds to roll in, as opposed to the approximately 3.3V that my fixed voltage Ego batteries produce.

QV currently has the Protank for a pre-order $20 price. I hope the price doesn't go up when they run another coupon code sale which they say will be soon. Protanks expected in by April 10.

Last edited:

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
I agree totally it's the best tank I have used. been using 3 days outstanding flavor great throat hit great I actually take smaller drags real solid throat hit. Also it has gotten better since the coil broke in and no juice turning dark like I get with my t3's.
Like dark said I dont have the desire to keep rotating flavors I just stick with the protank and I have noticed it's not a juice hog It seems i'm vaping less juice but I'm not vaping less.

this is all I'm saying, based on my limited experience (no rba's, no other bottom coils but lots of other clearos) it's the best device I've used. I've tried 510 atomizers, all sorts of cartos, carto tanks, i have 3 vivi nova's and use a 306 atty for dripping and the protank is by far the best - seemingly completely hassle-free, best th and flavor of any tank i've tried, its pyrex so no worries and it looks awesome. that's it.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
OK, so I guess that disclaimer may discourage me from suing you if I don't find the Protank worth the fairly modest amount of additional money, lol. Seriously, your opinion is appreciated. I've used nothing but clearos so far and intend to continue that way. I'm happy with them and glass would be cool. My clearos: a bunch of Ce4s, a T3 and a Titan (6ml) which I just yesterday got to work right. I had to take a pair of needle-nosed pliers and gently pull on the coil from the bottom, because it wasn't making contact with my Ego batteries and as of today, my Vision spinner batteries. The spinners have made a world of difference. Setting them to about 4.1V causes the clouds to roll in, as opposed to the approximately 3.3V that my fixed voltage Ego batteries produce.

Don't drop ur spinner....mine cracked in half after falling 2 ft onto linoleum...all the advice i can give u lol. plus yea i did the same thing pulling the bottom out of ce4's to loosen the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread