Kanger Protank & Ismoka BCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diagasa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
USA
I am under the belief that a device will be rock solid out of the box or it will suck. There is no need for a full week or six months to decide whether or not you like a new device. With that being said, HERE WE GO!!!!

Kanger Protank:
~Aesthetics & Build Quality
This thing is beautiful. I suffer from sever ADOTS. Attention Deficit, Oh That's Shiny! I was also shocked at the weight of it. Even when empty this thing has some heft to it. I use SS rebuildable drippers and it comes up at par with some of them weight wise. I would have no fear filling this thing up and going off for the day. It could easily be dropped and keep right on rocking. I'm also not afraid to put this on some of my higher end mods. Slap a serial number on it and it looks like a pricey Greek or Filipino mod of sorts. 10/10 for build and Aesthetics. The only way it could be better is to be made of Stainless Steel. (cough cough, hey Kanger....)
~~Vapability
While some people may have good luck with the heads right out the box, I did not. I had to remove one of the flavor wicks. I use only 65/35 PG/VG Juice. After the flavor wick is removed, these become an amazing vape. Nice solid vapor and a pretty decent throat hit. The flavor was not muted on either juice I tried in the Protank. As with most of the bottom coil clearo's, there is a little bit of liquid on the center post of the mod I was using.
~~Rebuildability
As with the Evod, these are a breeze to rebuild. It took me probably two minutes from start to finish and I was vaping again. I used 3mm wick and 30ga kanthal. With the 3mm wick I had no dry hit issues and there was no need for extra wicks on top. If you are using 1mm or 2mm wick you might need an extra strand of wick for proper juice flow to the coils.
~~~Recommendability
I would easily recommend these to novice vapers and veteran vapers alike. I had no issues with setting the tank up and altering the wick to perform flawlessly. Chance are, these things are a big step up from what they are currently using. If not, they will add a nice vaping tool to the current arsenal.
~~~~Final Thoughts
If Kanger continues the quality of this tank, I can see myself owning quite a few of these. They are a great supplement to dripping and driving or, just lounging around without being tied to a juice bottle and worrying about leaks. For the Price, I give these a 10/10 Now I need to get the Tatroe tank for these. It will make the Protank look incredibly classy on an all SS mod, of which I have many. :)

Ismoka BCC
~Aesthetics & Build Quality
This is also a really nice tank. Maybe not as classy looking as the Protank but it certainly looks classy on my little VariCool box mod. I wish the tank was made of glass rather than plastic but if you know what juices do what, you will be just fine. It feels super light weight and with that said, I would have no issues filling it up and taking it out for the day.
~~Vapability
As with the Protank, I had to remove a flavor wick to get it to feed properly. This is just common practice with these style of devices. Same liquid pooling on the center post of the mod I was using.
~~~Rebuildability
The heads for the BCC are a little different than on the Protank, but they rebuild in the same fashion. I used 3mm silica and 30ga kanthal wire. No issues with wicking or flooding after rebuilding.
~~~~Recommendability
I would easily recommend these to new vapers and novice vapers alike. Chance are, these things are a big step up from what they are currently using. If not, they will add a nice vaping tool to the current arsenal. I had no issues with setting the tank up and altering the wick to perform flawlessly.
~~~~~Final Thoughts
All in all, this is a solid device. I like the way the bottom coil design performs without compromise of flavor, vapor or throat hit. With a length or wick and wire, these can keep you vaping for a good length of time. I give these a 10/10.

Final thoughts on both:
I seriously hope that these become obsolete soon. I believe that with the success of the current bottom coil tanks, we can only go up from here. I look forward to what comes out in the future from both of these companies.

I welcome all questions, suggestions and criticism on these devices.
Thanks,
D

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I hate the Protank. It vapes too airy... I have yet to try the 2.2 ohm heads. I don't know if I'll ever upgrade to the Protank 2, more like I'll vape what I have ordered and not order again.

My first Ismoka (or Vapeonly BCC) was great. Some heads last a lot (4 months), some shorted out the first week of use. In the long run (March to now) 2 BCC, with 11 heads I still have 8 going or brand new. I don't use liquids that break down tanks so I feel no need for the pyrex tank. I really hope the quality goes up, I'm starting to hate everything Kanger.

GregoTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lewisville, TX
I have been using the Vapeonly BCC Mega for several months and was happier than hell with it...thought I'd found my last delivery device. Until recently. I don't know if I have a bad batch of heads or what, but the experience has been inconsistent to say the least over the last 3-4 heads I've used. Nothing else has changed (liquid, etc.). While running errands yesterday and getting yet another pathetic hit from my Vapeonly, I pulled into the parking lot of a local B&M and got a Protank. Works great so far, just like my Vapeonly used to. Hoping I never drop it. LOL

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have been using the Vapeonly BCC Mega for several months and was happier than hell with it...thought I'd found my last delivery device. Until recently. I don't know if I have a bad batch of heads or what, but the experience has been inconsistent to say the least over the last 3-4 heads I've used. Nothing else has changed (liquid, etc.). While running errands yesterday and getting yet another pathetic hit from my Vapeonly, I pulled into the parking lot of a local B&M and got a Protank. Works great so far, just like my Vapeonly used to. Hoping I never drop it. LOL

try getting heads somewhere else. It happened to me with a second batch purple/black BCC I bought. The replacement heads worked much better.

Grim Shadows

May 20, 2013
Orlando, Fl, USA
Using the Protank, I have found that it is best to use the EVOD coils. They do not have the flavor wicking, so you get a stronger hit and they last a good bit longer than the Protank coils ..

With the Ismoka Mega Bcc, I have found that the 2.2s are the best coils. The 1.8 tasted burnt with the very first pull, and I was generally unhappy with the 2.5...

I have dropped both several times, from falling out of my shirt pocket at work, and they both took the punishment. The only problem I have had so far, is the threading on my bcc is becoming stripped. I believe this is due to the bcc not being properly screwed on when it hit the floor ... :(

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Using the Protank, I have found that it is best to use the EVOD coils. They do not have the flavor wicking, so you get a stronger hit and they last a good bit longer than the Protank coils ..

With the Ismoka Mega Bcc, I have found that the 2.2s are the best coils. The 1.8 tasted burnt with the very first pull, and I was generally unhappy with the 2.5...

I have dropped both several times, from falling out of my shirt pocket at work, and they both took the punishment. The only problem I have had so far, is the threading on my bcc is becoming stripped. I believe this is due to the bcc not being properly screwed on when it hit the floor ... :(

What thickness juice are you using? with 60/40 or higher I remove all but 1 wick and it vapes like a freight train at 5v. I also find better vaping with higher resistances. On the contrary to you, evod heads last me less, I had to recoil them all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread