Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I wrapped my igo-w with dual coils of 3/4 wraps 28 gauge. It came out as .5ohms on an eVic. So what exactly is the resistance of these coils, can they be used with a 18350(10c)? Im not sure if the resistance is .5 or 1ohm since its a dual coil. Thank you for answers :)

You've got two coils at 1 ohm each. The resistance the battery will see is 0.5 ohms because the battery is running them both so using twice the power one would need.

It's going to be drawing about 8 amps with a fresh battery. I'm not aware of any 18350 battery on the market that has a 10C rating, or one that can handle 8 amps.

What battery do you have?

roguly

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Orange, CA, USA
You've got two coils at 1 ohm each. The resistance the battery will see is 0.5 ohms because the battery is running them both so using twice the power one would need.

It's going to be drawing about 8 amps with a fresh battery. I'm not aware of any 18350 battery on the market that has a 10C rating, or one that can handle 8 amps.

What battery do you have?

Sorry I was mistaken, it's a 6c battery (aw imr
Technically I can just take out one coil and it will be 1ohm res to the batt right?
My fuse broke on my multimeter so I can't read resistance but still want to vape

Last edited:

roguly

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Orange, CA, USA
.65 is also fine on an 18350, so .7 is ok but as the poster above me said .8 is safe for sure.

To the OP, it sounds like you need to do more research. Put down the dual coils and do a bunch of reading.
I've done my reading. I know my amp limits (even though I made a mistake earlier) and I know how to build. But I was just confused on parallel resistance and how's it's read on an evic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread