Quick query for owners of both Vivi Nova and Vivi Nova Mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I like the vivi nova large and would like to know if I would like the vivi nova mini better lol. I'm guessing they perform similarly but I've been wondering if the smaller tank on the mini might help some way when it comes to wicking or pressure aiding in wicking. But I do like the large vivi novas and I think if you know how to trouble shoot a bad head or wicking problems w the mini, you'll like the large vivi too.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I use both. The minis go on eGo-style fat-batts and the regulars go on my Provari, Vamos and Lavatubes. I've noticed no difference at all between the regular size and the minis.

Because of the lower voltage output from the eGo-style fat-batts, I reserve the low resistance heads for those and save the medium resistance heads for the bigger mods.

Detail Man

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Indiana USA
I like the vivi nova large and would like to know if I would like the vivi nova mini better lol. I'm guessing they perform similarly but I've been wondering if the smaller tank on the mini might help some way when it comes to wicking or pressure aiding in wicking. But I do like the large vivi novas and I think if you know how to trouble shoot a bad head or wicking problems w the mini, you'll like the large vivi too.
I'm too new at this point to 'troubleshoot' anything yet. But I do have 3 favorite juices that are tank worthy to me and have been acquiring a few tanks.

To me the VN mini tastes good, hits pretty well and doesn't have any leak issues yet. When it gets toward the bottom of the tank obviously the laws of physics come into play. But it's real easy to see the fluid and do a quick horizontal orientation to reload the wicks. And because the tank's kinda narrow the juice holds to the wicks pretty good after a horizontal turn allowing for a few hits before a dry one.

It also seems the taste increases as the VN mini empties. Probably because there's more air mixed with the vapor and I'm gonna guess this is at least somewhat true for all tanks?

Oh..one more thing. Before use I didn't untwist the wicks. I just filled and vaped. But I have an iClear30 that leaked pretty bad so I took it apart and cleaned it with hot water, soaked it for a bit in PGA and before I reassembled I 'did' untwist the wicks a bit. It leaks very little now and tastes much better.

Detail Man

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Indiana USA
Did my usual cleaning technique on my VN mini and after a refill and vaping it for a bit it was leaking through the center hole badly. Just eyeing it up I have not been able to figure out how that much juice is getting down there. I did untwist the wicks before reassembly this time. Could it be wicking through the center of the coil, and then down to the center post? (Scratches head...)
I'm sure there is a solution on this forum somewhere. I'll just have to search when I have more time.

dragonfly72

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Berwick
I use both and love them both...mini's for the ego twists and regular size for the CVI's and mechanical.

As for the leaking...make sure that the rubber piece on the top of your atomizer is pushed down all the way. If it isn't, it will let juice get down in the center post and leak out of the bottom. That may be your problem with the leaking.
I never untwist my wicks...don't need to. My stock coils wick great and my personally recoiled ones wick even better.

I have many vivi novas and love them but I have to tell ya....I have 3 protanks and they have become my absolute favorite. :D

Detail Man

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Indiana USA
Thank you, dragonfly for these tips! It did seem like after untwisting the vivi wicks that they 'wicked' too fast. But untwisting the wicks on my iClear30 seemed to optimize their 'wicking' speed. The mini was working so well I definitely wasn't going to give up on it easily.
I'm new to this vaping activity, just beginning to learn to be patient and embrace the quirkiness of the gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread