Quick Question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoundedColt8

Aug 2, 2018
I really don't mean to fill up the Vaptio section with questions, but I cannot find information on a certain device that I have been looking at (and ended up ordering last night)- Does the Vaptio P-III mod have a voltage limit? I see that it apparently goes up to 100W and apparently has a resistance range of 0.1 - 3 ohms, but if there is a voltage cutoff I would like to know, so that I know what resistance to use for best efficiency.
Honest review time: P-III Gear kit from Vaptio : Canadian_ecigarette
In this Reddit post, the author mentions having issues with using coils above 0.2 ohms and theorizes that it is potentially due to a voltage limit.
He states, "Now the one issue with the mod that I ran in to was higher resistance coils didn't seem to perform as I would expect. I first noticed it when I screwed on a dripper with a 0.42ohm fused clapton build that I usually run around 35-40w that would barely fire until I took it all the way up to 70-80w, even at the full 100w it only felt like maybe 45-50w on a regular mod. Again, I'm not DJLSB or P. Busardo but I know what 40w should feel like with one of my builds. I speculated that the mod is voltage limited since tossing on a 0.2ohm or lower build fired up at 30w no problem. I tested it again with a 0.5ohm build and the same thing, I had to take it up to 100w just to get a decent vape but when returning to the 0.15ohm coils that came with the kit, it was fine and felt like it should at 30, 40w and all the way up to 100w. A bit of an odd issue but one that users will need to be aware of if using their own builds on it or other high resistance coils but as long as it's a low resistance coil it should be fine."
I posted this question in the VV/VW Mods section of this forum, and even tried contacting a support agent through the Vaptio site, but I cannot find this information. Thank you for your time :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Unresponsive vendor? Cheap products? No option to fire below 30 watts? Poor documentation? No Thanks.
Premium Vape Mod | P-III Mod - Vaptio | E-cig & Vape Shop
The 50WNTD code from the page above doesn't work.
2560-1200.width-1600.jpg

OP: Run! fast and far. (IMRHO)

Cheers
I

RoundedColt8

Aug 2, 2018
Unresponsive vendor? Cheap products? No option to fire below 30 watts? Poor documentation? No Thanks.
View attachment 760781

Cheers
I
I'm pretty sure the 50WNTD code is long expired lol. 'Vaptio40' still works on specific items, like the P-III kit, and 20 dollars including shipping isn't bad even if I'm not 100% sold on it. At the very least I get a decent subtank and a backup mod for lower resistance coils. The last order I placed from Vaptio was for a cheaper kit just to get my feet wet in vaping again and that went okay so I figured why not. According to some reviews I watched/read its a decent mod but I'm just curious about the voltage thing :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Vaptio doesn't necessarily make horrible stuff, I have won a couple setups but a lot of their stuff is either kinda proprietary or sorta weird, in these sort of general ways I can't really describe.

However if you have a concern or questions about something that yah, may or may not be okay, I will say you can probably find something similar but without some of the quirky little issues Vaptio has, and I am most certainly going to call their stuff cheap, or cheap for the quality, or whatever else and etc.

Good luck,

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: RoundedColt8

Vaptio-Minyi

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 11, 2016
vaptio.com
I really don't mean to fill up the Vaptio section with questions, but I cannot find information on a certain device that I have been looking at (and ended up ordering last night)- Does the Vaptio P-III mod have a voltage limit? I see that it apparently goes up to 100W and apparently has a resistance range of 0.1 - 3 ohms, but if there is a voltage cutoff I would like to know, so that I know what resistance to use for best efficiency.
Honest review time: P-III Gear kit from Vaptio : Canadian_ecigarette
In this Reddit post, the author mentions having issues with using coils above 0.2 ohms and theorizes that it is potentially due to a voltage limit.
He states, "Now the one issue with the mod that I ran in to was higher resistance coils didn't seem to perform as I would expect. I first noticed it when I screwed on a dripper with a 0.42ohm fused clapton build that I usually run around 35-40w that would barely fire until I took it all the way up to 70-80w, even at the full 100w it only felt like maybe 45-50w on a regular mod. Again, I'm not DJLSB or P. Busardo but I know what 40w should feel like with one of my builds. I speculated that the mod is voltage limited since tossing on a 0.2ohm or lower build fired up at 30w no problem. I tested it again with a 0.5ohm build and the same thing, I had to take it up to 100w just to get a decent vape but when returning to the 0.15ohm coils that came with the kit, it was fine and felt like it should at 30, 40w and all the way up to 100w. A bit of an odd issue but one that users will need to be aware of if using their own builds on it or other high resistance coils but as long as it's a low resistance coil it should be fine."
I posted this question in the VV/VW Mods section of this forum, and even tried contacting a support agent through the Vaptio site, but I cannot find this information. Thank you for your time :)
Hi! Thank you for your questions. Our support team will be happy to serve you with your any questions. Could you please PM me your email address? Or you can get quick reply by emailing support@vaptio.com. Thank you!

Vaptio-Minyi

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 11, 2016
vaptio.com
View attachment 760781

Cheers
I
That one coupon won't work now, maybe we should put a deadline in the picture. But we have another coupon for you:
Code: Vaptio40
$5.99 for Vape Pens!
$23.99 for 240W kit!
Valid for:
P1 MINI S KIT/ N1 PRO 200W LITE/ Move2 240W Kit/ SOLO MINI/ SOLO BASIC II/ SOLO BASIC/ C-FLAT/ P-III/ N1 PRO 240W/ P-II/ P-III GEAR/ P-1 MINI/ P-1 TF KIT/ C-II/ MOVE 60W/ MOVE 50 W/ FUSION 3.8ml/ S150 Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread