Quick Re-introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkAlchemy

Jan 31, 2018
PA
Hello fellow ECF friends. I'll be brief. I picked up my first nicotine based vape back in 2007- unfortunately it did not remove cigarettes from my life. I didn't give up! Several years later I found this forum and joined- however not as active I should have been (under Ravenbynite or Maraclea unsure as I was not able to retrieve a password with either combination).

Fast forward to 2017, I was finally able to get off combustible tobacco products! Woot for me.

Through the years I was what was called a "modder"- I may not have been totally off the analogs but I loved to try my hand at turning everyday objects into APVS. I fell off the forums back in 2011 or 12 (had way too much "stuff" going on in my life.).

Now that I am totally tobacco free and getting myself acquainted with the current vape community, I've come back to catch up. I've had to start from scratch here as a new member. So; I'm Wendy and I'm happy to be back among my tribe.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thank you. I appreciate the warm welcome. I'm really excited to be back and being an active participant.:banana: ... and the happy dancing banana is still a thing!!!
Come visit us on the Shinyitis Support Thread. Would look in on the Game Changer thread as well, you'll likely find some old friends there.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Hello fellow ECF friends. I'll be brief. I picked up my first nicotine based vape back in 2007- unfortunately it did not remove cigarettes from my life. I didn't give up! Several years later I found this forum and joined- however not as active I should have been (under Ravenbynite or Maraclea unsure as I was not able to retrieve a password with either combination).

Fast forward to 2017, I was finally able to get off combustible tobacco products! Woot for me.

Through the years I was what was called a "modder"- I may not have been totally off the analogs but I loved to try my hand at turning everyday objects into APVS. I fell off the forums back in 2011 or 12 (had way too much "stuff" going on in my life.).

Now that I am totally tobacco free and getting myself acquainted with the current vape community, I've come back to catch up. I've had to start from scratch here as a new member. So; I'm Wendy and I'm happy to be back among my tribe.

Hi Wendy congratulations and welcome back!

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com

Welcome aboard. You’ve had quite a ride.

Reactions: stols001

PinkAlchemy

Jan 31, 2018
PA
Hi @PinkAlchemy/Wendy. Welcome and nice to see you.

What kind of things did you mod? What’s the best thing?
Hello; great to be back. Mostly flashlights, but I did take a Lady Remington (which was a ladies shaving torture device) it failed miserably as it blew out the cartomizer. An Eclipse Peppermint Tin but the most beautiful is the Teak Incense Storage Case.

PinkAlchemy

Jan 31, 2018
PA
Welcome back to ECF, and congrats on switching to vaping entirely, that's fantastic, well done! Sounds like you know your way around a vape, so I will just say... welcome back! :)

Anna
Thank you Anna. I'm really happy to be back . Honestly, I felt like a hypocrite hanging out with vapers while still picking up the smokes. I pretty much just went into a depression and backed away from online socializing. In hindsight it was then that I should have reached out to the community.

I am really glad to be back and hope to be a positive contribution to the fold. Thank you again for the warm welcome. :)

• Love

PinkAlchemy

Jan 31, 2018
PA
Welcome aboard. You’ve had quite a ride.
Yes, that is putting it mildly. I'll tell ya in the end I really think it (leaving tobacco) boils down to being ready mentally and emotionally. Through the years I wanted to, I certainly needed to but I wasn't all in as they say. I needed to find the combination that not only replaced/reduced the nicotine but fulfilled the habitual hand to mouth, psychological gymnastics coupled with the inevitable emotional ups and downs of a lifestyle change. I'm rambling again; :) Thank you for the welcome I do appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread