Just a Quick Introduction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

StraightJohnson

Jun 15, 2018
Hi, there. I've been a long-time lurker of ECF, and figured it's about time to sign up and start contributing. I have been a vaper for almost three years now, and consider myself experienced with pretty much any aspect of vaping.

What brought me to vaping was the death of father; he'd still be alive if it wasn't for cigarettes. One of the last things he asked of my brothers, my sister, and I was for us to quit smoking. vaping has proven an integral part of ability to quit the wretched death sticks. I am now on a quest to get my middle brother and my sister to stop!

Ecigs have become a huge part of my life. It's something I enjoy immensely. I started reviewing ecigs a couple months ago, so I can also say that vaping has not only saved my life, but it has improved my writing ability! I have been posting my reviews on the ecig subreddit(ECR), but I will also post them here, as I love to get constructive critiques of my reviews.

Thanks for having me!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Hi, there. I've been a long-time lurker of ECF, and figured it's about time to sign up and start contributing. I have been a vaper for almost three years now, and consider myself experienced with pretty much any aspect of vaping.

What brought me to vaping was the death of father; he'd still be alive if it wasn't for cigarettes. One of the last things he asked of my brothers, my sister, and I was for us to quit smoking. Vaping has proven an integral part of ability to quit the wretched death sticks. I am now on a quest to get my middle brother and my sister to stop!

Ecigs have become a huge part of my life. It's something I enjoy immensely. I started reviewing ecigs a couple months ago, so I can also say that vaping has not only saved my life, but it has improved my writing ability! I have been posting my reviews on the ecig subreddit(ECR), but I will also post them here, as I love to get constructive critiques of my reviews.

Thanks for having me!
Same story, here. From his literal deatbed he said "Son, you better quit those damn things before they kill you, too." Less than 30 days later, I was smoke free and vape happy. Coming up on 4 years, now...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi and welcome to ECF "visibility." You will find it fun, I'm sure.

So glad you have switched to vaping, and that it is going well for you. I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but I'm sure he would consider YOU turning to vaping the best gift you could give him.

My kiddo "forced" me into vaping by quitting smoking, then vaping and giving me his gear. Something of a "guilt" gift, but I was facing a COPD diagnosis any day now, and it really caused me to think, "I'm dying and my kid can QUIT vaping, but I can't start?" It really made me think. I am certain your father would be extremely proud of you.

Welcome to ECF and congratulations :)

Anna

JanTee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada
Welcome and congrats! Your story touched me as mine is very similar. I was dual use until my long term 2 pad smoker, my dear father, a wonderful man died in his sleep at 59 with no warning- if you ignore that his own father met the same fate at 61 and his sister at 49. I looked at my then baby girl and said not you. You will never see your mother smoking, and you will never be able to start smoking by sneaking her cigarettes. If I die in my sleep I will be and old lady and you will have grown children of your own. I stopped with cigalikes and it was hard as hell because I couldn't get enough nic. It got easier and easier when egos came out. Then I heard about provari and nic symptoms stopped. Taste got better. So I may be old school and behind the times but I am loyal to these devices that aren't even made anymore. I've got others, try and stay current and try new things as the industry is growing at lightning speed and many of the new things are good...even great and the choice and selection is so wonderful to help new people get started without suffering. But I still love my faithful provaris, like a comfy pair of slippers. Bless you for quitting and helping your siblings! Maybe have them join here, voices and info not from you may do the trick? I don't know but when I tell my kids or husband something it often falls on deaf ears until their friends, the paper, the internet or whatever says the same thing.

StraightJohnson

Jun 15, 2018
Welcome and congrats! Your story touched me as mine is very similar. I was dual use until my long term 2 pad smoker, my dear father, a wonderful man died in his sleep at 59 with no warning- if you ignore that his own father met the same fate at 61 and his sister at 49. I looked at my then baby girl and said not you. You will never see your mother smoking, and you will never be able to start smoking by sneaking her cigarettes. If I die in my sleep I will be and old lady and you will have grown children of your own. I stopped with cigalikes and it was hard as hell because I couldn't get enough nic. It got easier and easier when egos came out. Then I heard about provari and nic symptoms stopped. Taste got better. So I may be old school and behind the times but I am loyal to these devices that aren't even made anymore. I've got others, try and stay current and try new things as the industry is growing at lightning speed and many of the new things are good...even great and the choice and selection is so wonderful to help new people get started without suffering. But I still love my faithful provaris, like a comfy pair of slippers. Bless you for quitting and helping your siblings! Maybe have them join here, voices and info not from you may do the trick? I don't know but when I tell my kids or husband something it often falls on deaf ears until their friends, the paper, the internet or whatever says the same thing.
That's awesome. The apple does NOT fall far from the tree when it comes to smoking. I'm glad you found a way out of smoking. You may have had to lose family due to cigarettes, but at least you learned from that, and your children won't have to experience it.

StraightJohnson

Jun 15, 2018
Hi and welcome to ECF "visibility." You will find it fun, I'm sure.

So glad you have switched to vaping, and that it is going well for you. I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but I'm sure he would consider YOU turning to vaping the best gift you could give him.

My kiddo "forced" me into vaping by quitting smoking, then vaping and giving me his gear. Something of a "guilt" gift, but I was facing a COPD diagnosis any day now, and it really caused me to think, "I'm dying and my kid can QUIT vaping, but I can't start?" It really made me think. I am certain your father would be extremely proud of you.

Welcome to ECF and congratulations :)

Anna
Hi! I have seen you around these forums probably more than anyone! Good thing your kid was so aware of the situation and forced you to stop. COPD is what my father was initially diagnosed with.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread