quick review copper vanilla clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobFully

Apr 23, 2014
A special place
I didn't see any reviews so I thought I would help those who might be interested in the copper vanilla.
When I received the item it was in bubble wrap like the original, no box. First impression was that it had very nice engravings on the brass switch, the logo on the copper was fairly good. After a few days of use the patina starting settling in and it is starting to look great now. This is my first copper mod so I really liked how its naturally wearing with use. It looks great.

Now onto the performance. all copper contacts, the threads on the contacts were pretty good, smoother after some more twisting. This is the hardest hitting mod I have! Sad to say, I have an authentic Poldiac and this beats it. Probably because the Poldiac is stainless. I don't have a voltage meter to test, but once I switch my attys to the vanilla I can def notice it's hitting harder. This also reflects my battery life too. My batteries last longer in this mod.

Gripes, it came with a stainless steel spring and out of packaging the throw didn't feel very smooth. Thankfully my order came with the magnetic upgrade for free. I popped that sucker in and wow! buttery now

I am ...... now because I dropped it on the pavement today on accident from a good 4ft straight to the concrete...sigh.:facepalm: now the ring around the switch looks all crappy, at least its just cosmetic damage

heres some pics ecf!

Last edited:

BobFully

Apr 23, 2014
A special place
2wozlmo.jpg

oi6qzn.jpg

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
I am ...... now because I dropped it on the pavement today on accident from a good 4ft straight to the concrete...sigh.:facepalm: now the ring around the switch looks all crappy, at least its just cosmetic damage

This is why I buy clones for on the go use and keep my authentics in the basement.

Had you dropped an authentic Vanilla, you would be more than simply "......."

BobFully

Apr 23, 2014
A special place
thanks for the review I was waiting for reviews on these.

How would you compare the overall height of it? One thing that is keeping me from buying it is that it seems even though its a full 18650 1 piece tube, it actually seems much taller than a stingray in 18650.

It's actually good in height. I don't have a stingray, but compared to my gp paps its only about 5mm or less than quarter inch taller

BobFully

Apr 23, 2014
A special place
Thanks for posting this I have had an obsession with obtaining the vanilla ever since I saw how nice it looked in ruby roos review. Can I ask which vendor it was that sent it with the magnets? I hate spring loaded switches

Yes, I'd also like to know which vendor sent the magnet upgrade with the mod.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

I purchased from vapev on e-bay

IntrovertGlass

Jul 23, 2013
PA
I used acetone and a wire brush on mine to remove the outer coating on the copper. Seemed to work out great! Also noticed a slight asthetic difference between the clone and the real thing. There is more metal both above and below the grooves on the originals. OP, how did you get your button to go recessed while still making contact? Mine seems to protrude a bit.

BecknCO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2013
Denver, CO
Just got mine from optimusvape - by far the cheapest at $42 shipped. Very pleased so far with it, button has very good tolerances and a nice feel, though I will be upgrading to magnets. To get it to sit flush you just need to hold the logo'ed button with a finger while you tighten the button contact with a screw driver. You want to leave it protruding just a bit otherwise it won't push the contact above the insulator to complete the connection.

Funny - the botton logo'ed cap reads "smok-e mowntain" LOL. I love it so far!

MiltyBuilt

Mar 11, 2011
Colorado
Just got mine from optimusvape - by far the cheapest at $42 shipped. Very pleased so far with it, button has very good tolerances and a nice feel, though I will be upgrading to magnets. To get it to sit flush you just need to hold the logo'ed button with a finger while you tighten the button contact with a screw driver. You want to leave it protruding just a bit otherwise it won't push the contact above the insulator to complete the connection.

I just ordered something today from optimusvape's. Thought I would get some delivery info with Invoice, but got nothing. Tried to call but no answer & no way to leave message.
Was wondering if you actually talked to anyone. or did they give you any delivery info? This has got me kind of spooked! Now they have all my credit card info!
Thanks in advance for your time, & any help you can give!
miltybuilt

MiltyBuilt

Mar 11, 2011
Colorado

I just ordered something today from optimusvape's. Thought I would get some delivery info with Invoice, but got nothing. Tried to call but no answer & no way to leave message.
Was wondering if you actually talked to anyone. or did they give you any delivery info? This has got me kind of spooked! Now they have all my credit card info!
miltybuilt

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)

miltybuilt

just got mine yesterday for 40 bucks from 88ev__pe....my button says the same as yours...matched it up with a Copper APO and have a copper drip tip on the way....also picked up a hybrid adapter from fusion.....man this thing hits hard, got a 0.76 build goin on...no complaints, gonna order some magnets in the next few days...overall i'm pleased...might pick up a clear wrap.
sando7-albums-mec-s-picture343566-cv3-copper-vanilla-clone-apo-copper-rda-18650-mode-c-v-18350-tube.jpg
[/IMG]

this image is before i got my hybrid adapter

sando7-albums-mec-s-picture343561-c1-apo-rda-0-76-build-firing.jpg
[/IMG]

sando7-albums-mec-s-picture343570-p1-copper-vanilla-clone-apo-copper-rda-hcigar-novice-14500.jpg

also a Novice clone

Last edited:

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I picked up a Copper Vanilla clone from 101 vapes a week or so ago, and was so pleased with it that I bought an original (used – got in on the ECF classified listing). I have to say that while the original does have smoother threading on the body tube and the switch is a little smoother, the clone is 90% as good.

In fact, the 510 threading on the clone is better done than on the original – there are rough spots in the threading deep down on the original, which I noticed when using my Magma which has a long 510 post. Threads great on the clone; not so good on the original. But, that may be due to the fact that I got the original used and it was damaged in its past life.

The original does have smoother, better defined engraving for the logo, bottom button and the cut-in rings around the body.

All the parts are fully interchangeable between the clone and the original.

If there’s a difference in voltage drop between the two it’s so small that it’s unnoticeable.

Very pleased with both of them.

SoberSnyper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Maurice, La.
I picked up a Copper Vanilla clone from 101 vapes a week or so ago, and was so pleased with it that I bought an original (used – got in on the ECF classified listing). I have to say that while the original does have smoother threading on the body tube and the switch is a little smoother, the clone is 90% as good.

In fact, the 510 threading on the clone is better done than on the original – there are rough spots in the threading deep down on the original, which I noticed when using my Magma which has a long 510 post. Threads great on the clone; not so good on the original. But, that may be due to the fact that I got the original used and it was damaged in its past life.

The original does have smoother, better defined engraving for the logo, bottom button and the cut-in rings around the body.

All the parts are fully interchangeable between the clone and the original.

If there’s a difference in voltage drop between the two it’s so small that it’s unnoticeable.

Very pleased with both of them.

Thanks for the comparison. I've been wanting one for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread