Quicksilver RDA by 2 Puffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
I just picked this one up from vapordna. I got it to go with my Munstro by 2Puffs. It is pretty much designed to match the Munstro as it comes with SS, Brass, and Copper AFC sleeves. It is a 3 post dripping atomizer that is 22mm in diameter.

sdP1qxg.jpg

This is how the atomizer is packaged. As you can see, a nice little box with a magnetic flap to hold it shut and a foam like padding that holds the parts securely in place so the extra sleeves won't get scuffed up when you're not using them.

O6OmmCB.jpg

The deck on this one is very unique when compared to other atomizers I have tried. It has a deep juice well that runs underneath the negative posts that are on a raised platform. The juice well runs under this platform to feed the wicks on both sides. This not only allows it to hold a fair amount of juice, but it also makes it less likely to leak on you. The post holes are very large and easily accommodate the 24 gauge wire I used for my first build. The center post hole is slightly larger to accommodate the dual wires, and is also slightly raised to make it easier to line up your lead wires and keep them the same length.

IhhQeGY.jpg

The atomizer setup is pretty familiar. Your air flow control sleeve slides onto the deck and is held in place by 2 O rings. The rings are sized well and hold the outer sleeve on firmly. Your airflow is then controlled by a top cap that is held on by a single O ring. This allows it to be rotated to adjust the size of your air hole. It is loose enough to be adjusted with minimal effort but tight enough to hold the cap in place and prevent accidental adjustment of the airflow.

h4r9K7P.jpg

The top cap has 3 air flow slots to allow for single or dual coil builds. Another nice feature of the top cap is the tapered top rim which reduces the size of the chamber on the atomizer.

foeqwZF.jpg

The quality of the build on this atomizer can be seen in the size of the afc sleeves. They are very thick and very well machined. There are 3 beauty rings deeply etched into the side of the sleeves, and the top one contains the air flow slots. They are perfectly sized to match the holes in the top cap and the machining on them is very precise and flawless.

GL1MPkd.jpg

This is how the sleeves match up with the Munstro. As you can see, the mod is tarnished from use and the atomizer being brand new, they do not match perfectly but I'm sure that in time (or after a good polishing on both) they will match nicely with the exception of the SS. The mod is a highly polished SS sleeve whereas the atomizer has more of a brushed finish so on the SS which does not tarnish there will always be a slight difference in the look of the mod and the atomizer.

iSmcbhL.jpg

For my first build I went with dual coils, 24 gauge kanthal at .30 ohms. I wicked it with rayon and filled it with Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project from My Vape Juice. I am completely blown away by the vape on this atomizer. First off, it is a cloud chaser if you want it to be. Yet even with the low sub ohm build and the air slots 3/4 open, I am getting unbelievable flavor from this atomizer. Even better than the flavor I get from the Vulcan. In fact, I don't own an atomizer that produces better flavor. Furthermore, with the well in the bottom I am able to go a good 15 minutes or more of vaping even at .3 ohms before needing to drip again. I bought this atomizer for the looks, to match the Munstro. I can't put it down because of the performance. Chasing clouds and flavor at the same time with a setup that has top notch looks is a win win win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread