Castle RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
This is my first high end atomizer, and it is designed to run dual coils. It features three post (The middle one is higher than the two end post), 304 stainless steel, a copper center pin, and air flow control. I typically use a Provari Mini, and wrap micro coils, so I knew I would have to do several wraps in order to get a higher resistance. 15 wraps for each coil of 28 gauge Kanthal gave me a resistance reading of 1.5 ohms. The air flow control consist of two parts (An inner cap, and the top cap). The inner cap allows three selections 1.5, 2.0, and 2.5 mm. Once the desired selection of the inner cap is placed on the base in front of the coil (the hole for the opposite coil will be the same size), the top cap is placed over the selected hole of the inner cap. Inserting the coils into the base was very similar to the UD IGO-W that I had been using (Threaded through post, then screws tighten the wires down). Mine came with two extra O-rings (One small for the inner cap, and one for the base), and an extra screw. The bottom of the base reveals the Vapesmith (The Maker) initials followed by a dash and the number of the atomizer.
Positives: Nice build quality, and implementation. The atomizer is heavier than my UD IGO-W, but does not feel heavy. The air flow control is one of the reasons I went with this atomizer (And my wife liked it's looks). The copper center pin does seem to provide that extra something that the IGO-W does not have (Better conductivity).
Negatives: The top cap comes loose easily (From the inner cap). However, the inner cap for mine is snug. When I received the atomizer in the mail, the inner and top cap were very smug. However, vaping this atomizer seems to have increased the ease in which this atomizer's top cap comes loose (Maybe condensation, maybe some juice on the interior of the top cap). I would not suggest using the top cap of this atomizer to pick up a device. Most of my drip tips fit, but a few do not (I have a shorty Derlin drip tip that seem to be too broad at the base). However, the ones that fit, fit snug. The Castle driptip was not offered as part of my purchase, or as an accessory. It is my understanding that these are offered with a few vendors, and when I reload my vape budget, I plan on purchasing one (Not a fan of metal drip tips, but it would be nice to have the set). For some users, the 1.5 mm air flow may be too airy (Especially if 1.0-1.2 mm {Maybe even smaller} that is offered with some atomizers like the UD IGO-W). For those users that prefer single coils, the top cap does not allow only one air hole. Initially, one of the screws needed to be re-tightened a few times (Similar to the IGO-W) after inserting the wire into the post.
Conclusion: While this is my first higher end RDA, I am pleased with my purchase. The 22mm size of the atomizer is larger than the UD IGO-W that I was using, and as a result, it doesn't look flush (Provari Ring in the Mail- Hopefully this will make it look better). The performance of this atomizer has been very satisfactory, and while the 1.5mm air holes that I selected (I like a tighter draw) is a bit airy in comparison to the 1.1 holes I drilled into my UD IGO-W, it is not disappointing and I can still do mouth hits. I tried the larger holes, and it's not for me, but I'm sure those that prefer an airy draw would appreciate the higher mm options. The flavor is very good, and the larger chamber did not cause a diminished taste. The copper center pin seems to really give that extra zip to a hit on the Provari Mini (I've been firing it at 4.5 volts at the 1.5ohm, or 13.5 watts). Hopefully my experience with this product has helped someone that is interested in this atomizer.

Attachments

• IMG_6734.jpg
    IMG_6734.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 4,396
  • IMG_6735.jpg
    IMG_6735.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,811
  • IMG_6738.jpg
    IMG_6738.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_6744.jpg
    IMG_6744.jpg