• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Quite possibly the best Army day ever!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
So I am very close to getting out. (Jan 15, Dec 17 on leave) I went through the process of dropping my leave form today. While I was doing this I noticed that I have been getting overpaid for a year or more. (SPC getting SGT pay, didnt frequently check, bad me I know) I was devastated, I was going to owe so much money.

That afternoon I filled out my pay inquiry and went to S1 to begin my misery. Speaking with the SSG who was going to handle this, I explained the situation and went on to explain that the reason I believe was being overpaid was that I had an AA flag from 12/11-5/13 the flag was lifted as favorable. On 2/12, 3/12, and 4/12 I came down on the by name list for promotion to SGT. I inquired about this and was informed well they should have fixed it, but had not, or something along those lines. We are talking like 2/12 dont remember the specifics.

So explaining that I tell her that that is why I believe I started to receive SGT pay. One hour and a lot of different conversations, presenting paperwork, later; because I came down on the by name list, the flag that prevented me from being promoted was removed as favorably I should, and baring some random fluke will be promoted to SGT, and the promotion is going to be backdated to 2/12.

What started as a horrible nightmare of a day, has become a great day! Of course the best part about all of this is I signed a 6 year contract with the Reserves, and now instead of entering the Reserves as a SPC, I will get to enter as a SGT!

Yay... anyways, it was great news and I had to share, dont really want to share with people I know and see on a regular basis, in case something stops this. But excited and want to share...

Oakman_Smalls

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Sounds like a good day for you. Make sure you get promotion orders!!!!!
I second this! My unit just did an audit of everyones OMPF and HRC is removing favorable actions like P status if things are missing. So get promo orders and take a copy to S1 so they can put it online for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread