R&R Manufacturing Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
Well, I just ordered one, and I have to say, I'm blown away by Ryan's customer service already. I was having some site issues, and couldn't order. Then when I was able to, the one I originally wanted was sold out. So tonight he called me (sorry I wasn't able to answer, Ryan!) and left a message AND emailed me to let me know that he remembered me saying I wanted a different wood combination than I ended up ordering (because I'm inpatient!) and that if I wanted my first choice, he could accommodate me, and ship either one tomorrow. Wow.

Ryan, I've read and heard only great things about you and your mod, and I can honestly say so far you have ALREADY exceeded my very high expectation.

I can't wait to try this baby out! :)

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
So I got mine yesterday, and have been hitting it pretty much nonstop since then. Wow, this thing is nice, great job, Ryan! It's beautiful, and supremely functional. So far, I've only used it with a high drain 18650 and an LR 510 from NHaler, and this setup most definitely rocks. No leaks, no flooding, that elusive 'know you are gonna hit the button and get a great vape every time' experience. This is a home run. I love the size, and the clever wiring/rails construction. The only (extremely nitpicky) think I could think of to improve it is that the door has just a tiny bit of side to side play, maybe a mm. So when I hold it and hit the go button, it sometimes clicks from one side to another, making me think the door might not be all the way on. Like I said though, that's pretty nitpicky, and I do understand that wood breathes and probably needs a bit of room for expansion/contraction. And it's something I expect I'll get used to quickly!

Thank you again Ryan, it's a beauty!

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Sneak peek at a new option! Bubinga body with Padauk ends!
img0312mr.jpg

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
You know the funny thing is that I usually love vaping at 6v with a HV 4.5Ω atty but I haven't even tried it yet because I'm so satisfied using a regular atty at 3.7v. Amazing!!

Another little piece of AWESOMENESS I have found with the Journeyman - haven't found an atty yet that Journeyman can't handle with flawless perfection! :D

kaji

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
CA
Thank guys, and yes, we will be offering Bubinga (Afican rosewood) as a option. And it does look great with yellowheart ends Pete, I will post some pics later.

We will also be offering a 5v option (it will do 5v with two rcr123a 3.0v, 3.6v or 3.7v batteries or 3.7v with a 18650 (and we still retain the on/off master switch). This voltage option will also be offered as an upgrade to existing owners (not sure on the price yet), but we will be able to retrofit existing boxes for those who want 5v instead of 6v.

Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread