Rafalicious vs Boba's and Gorilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
I've found that both of those work really well in carto tanks. Getting the juice to soak into the carto filler the first time takes a little patience, but after that it's just refill the tank and go! Considering how thick they are, I was surprised how well they worked, but then again those two juices surprised me in a lot of ways . . . I don't like tobacco flavored juices, but I instantly loved those ;-)

That's good to know, Killjoy. I really didn't think it would work... but I guess I was just too impatient. I'll give it another try.

Vegastar

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
If Boba's is a nod to star wars, then raf-a-licious is its Austin powers equivalent. Boba's is a serious vape, a grower. Bold, deep and only gets better with age. Raf is more light hearted, it's most certainly Goldmember's vape, a schmok and a pancake. There's a real light tobacco flavor to begin, and rounds out with a sweeter mapley flavor. My jaw about hit the floor.

I was planning on ordering 100ml of Boba's for the sale. Now that I've gotten to spend a little time with some Raf another member sent me, I may be doubling my order with a big bottle of that, too. I couldn't pick a favorite.

DoubleHelix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
New Jersey
No, they are not available in zero nic; 6 is the lowest.

On a completely different note jifjifjif every time I see you post I think you look like MSNBC Chief White House Correspondent Chuck Todd.

And on the subject, I can not seem to put my Raf down, to be sure I still drip away with BB and GJ but Raf is just da bomb.

C8se

Jul 13, 2011
Denver
I'm working on a homebrew bottle tank mod with CE2 guts. Lots of threads on the forums for various DIY CE2 tanks if you hate filler. I personally don't mind cartos, even if the flavor degrades a little bit on each refill. They are so damn cheap and easy. Let's just remember where we came from - my 5th refill of a carto with Gorilla Juice tastes a whole lot better than an analog.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
On a completely different note jifjifjif every time I see you post I think you look like MSNBC Chief White House Correspondent Chuck Todd.

And on the subject, I can not seem to put my Raf down, to be sure I still drip away with BB and GJ but Raf is just da bomb.

Hahaha. I neead to go see what this handsome dude looks like now! Oh, also I lived 28 years in NJ. Freehold to be precise. Monmouth County.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
I tried to fill up a carto tank with bobas and raf since so many say it makes the carto last longer. Muted the flavor of the bobas too much for me and it made the raf taste like hairspray. I have now confirmed that poly fill doesn't work for me in any way.

I agree that the amazing flavors of AVE juices are muted in a carto or carto tank. Once I vape it, I realize that its only 1/2 as good as it can be and I start to drip it into an atty instead. I just can't disrespect Bobas and Gorilla by vaping it at half flavor.

DoubleHelix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
New Jersey
Hahaha. I neead to go see what this handsome dude looks like now! Oh, also I lived 28 years in NJ. Freehold to be precise. Monmouth County.

I work for Monmouth County. Grew up in Howell.

While I can get avejuice to work in a carto, I do not even bother anymoe. The flavor and plumes I get out of a 306 or bridgeless 510 are just superior

shire

Feb 19, 2011
Auckand
It's funny, Rafalicious tastes identicle to Madvapes RY4... I did a blind taste test with my friend vapor.. He couldn't tell the difference.. Although there is more vapor production with AVE's... I like it, but I can get the same thing for a LOT less..

I couldn't agree with sonny more! I have a bottle of ry4 from east mall and a bottle of RAF and they vape and taste exactly the same. Normally reviews say everyone has different tastes, but I'm not sure that's entirely true or there would be a top selling juice flavored like Brussel Sprouts. I can find no nutty taste nor vanilla in RAF or in the Eastmall RY4, they taste oddly sweet like a Chinese red bean curd dessert and have a slight taste of fish on the exhale. There is something deeply unpleasant in the base which stays with you and grows over time. In short I'm not a fan and I can't find anyone who will take it off my hands once they have vaped it. If you are a huge fan of RAF east mall has an endless and cheaper source of your favorite juice.

Hype however is a different story that tastes amazing and has loads of flavoring. If you like peach schnapps you'll love this. It evokes images of a summer holiday on a palm lined beach with a rollicking good book for company. There is no lingering aftertaste like RAF, it ends crisply and leaves you wanting more.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
I couldn't agree with sonny more! I have a bottle of ry4 from east mall and a bottle of RAF and they vape and taste exactly the same. Normally reviews say everyone has different tastes, but I'm not sure that's entirely true or there would be a top selling juice flavored like Brussel Sprouts. I can find no nutty taste nor vanilla in RAF or in the Eastmall RY4, they taste oddly sweet like a Chinese red bean curd dessert and have a slight taste of fish on the exhale. There is something deeply unpleasant in the base which stays with you and grows over time. In short I'm not a fan and I can't find anyone who will take it off my hands once they have vaped it. If you are a huge fan of RAF east mall has an endless and cheaper source of your favorite juice.

Hype however is a different story that tastes amazing and has loads of flavoring. If you like peach schnapps you'll love this. It evokes images of a summer holiday on a palm lined beach with a rollicking good book for company. There is no lingering aftertaste like RAF, it ends crisply and leaves you wanting more.

That's quite the compliment and I'm a bit flattered. If we were to put Chinese RY4 and Raf-a-licious under a GC/MS we would see very uniquely different juices but the idea was to go for the original RY4 flavor with a Boba twist, so what I'm seeing here is that it did pay off, but might not be the "go-to" juice for some. BTW let me quantify what I mean by "Chinese RY4" that is to say the RY4 we know and love is one of the original e-cigarette flavors which used to be fully named "Ryuan Formula 4" before we shortened it to RY4. Ryuan being one of the first manufacturers of the e-cig and a Chinese company. Dekang, et al. use the same recipe that Ryuan did but from different labs, the fact that we could get this effect without the original recipe and a lab is awesome. The bottom line being do you want the e-liquid pulled off the shelf (at a lower or higher price) or a juice competitively priced with prefab juices but made to order? This is the distinguishing factor between a prefab juice (at whatever price) and what you get from AVE.

shire

Feb 19, 2011
Auckand
Get ready for more compliments then. I've just tried gorilla juice and it is amazing seriously and uniquely amazing. I've tried a lot of juice but this is something else. It's the juice equivalent of the pyramids, a wonder to behold and you just can't get fathom how Its made. That's just the taste which is powerful, yet subtle and intricate which moves elegantly between notes the entire vape at the end you just want more. It couldn't be better if it was made by Willy Wonka. The vapor production and consistency is remarkably thick and rich too. It's the most enjoyable juice I've ever had by a country mile.

Porphy you mentioned the price of AVE juice. I don't live in the US and hence pay a third party to ship it here which ends up costing about 3 times what AVE retail at and based on hype and gorilla juice I don't regret a cent of it and will probably order little else from anyone else. I've got a 100ml off bobbas which I'm yet to get to as the bottle doesn't have a dropper which is mildly terrifying but im guessing undoubtably worth it.

By the way what is GS/MS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread