Ramiya R2-750 Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
Thank you very much. The video review is great. Glad to see you got over being camera shy :)

You're very welcome, and thanks...I think it came out good too. Just giving an honest opinion and discussing the features made it really easy. I did the video really, really late at night and I was too tired to care about being camera shy...plus I hadn't just came home from being outside helping set up and run games at an outdoor carnival birthday party for a whole bunch of tween girls. :)

free_roller

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
SE MI USA
www.analogalternative.com
I am getting approximately a 6 second hit before the battery starts blinking and cuts off. This is the temperature sensor kicking in and letting me know that burning would occur if the atomizer stayed on longer. I tried the VGO batteries that I have which will stay on for 10 seconds before the cutoff kicks in and found that although it lasted longer, the flavor was diminished after about 7 seconds.

free_roller

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
SE MI USA
I thought it was closer to 10 seconds but I am probably counting too fast. Maybe it's around 7 seconds.

I think that maybe all of these times are correct. It seems like instead of pre-determined cutoff timer it uses the temperature sensor to prevent burning. Depending on the battery voltage and atomizer being used the time will likely vary between 5 and 10 seconds.

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
I think that maybe all of these times are correct. It seems like instead of pre-determined cutoff timer it uses the temperature sensor to prevent burning. Depending on the battery voltage and atomizer being used the time will likely vary between 5 and 10 seconds.

I think you're right on the variation...I just got 7 seconds.

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
waiting on my order to come in. very excited! not sure if this has been addressed yet,, but will i be able to charge ego (or ego type batteries - riva etc.) with this charger? also, since this is natively made for a tank carto/atomizer combo, does that mean that it's made in a different way that won't be as suitable for cartomizers or non tank carto/atomizer combos? thanks!

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
anxiously awaiting an answer to my previous response, if anyone has one,,, also,, how have dual coil cartos and low resistance cartomizers worked witht this unit? i am hoping that these will thread properly with this unit, as it has a 510 connection? does the "smart" temperature cutoff system cut the battery off before being able to use? also, free roller, can you tell me what resistance the 510 cartomizers you carry on your site are?

thanks!

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
I received this unit a few hours ago. It's the first time I have dealth with Analog Alternative. I must say, shipping was extremely fast, and Mike was a great pleasure to deal with. The product came in immaculate, unopened condition. Nice packaging, nice manual, nifty looking product.

That being said, my initial impressions after using this for a few hours, is that I am extremely underwhelmed at the performance it gives. Granted, this is my first "fat batt" and I've been a KR808 user now for over 2 years, but I have so far been extremely let down by this product. Using the atomizer, cart combo, I do see that there are zero leaks, which is a great thing. But,,,, I am using 36mg juice (100% pg) and am getting pretty much zero throat hit with it. As well, it's producing less vapor than my regular kr808 setup. I'm also not a fan of the 7 second cutoff, which, with other manual models, if you quickly depress the button and press it again, you basically reset the cutoff time. Not with this... If you take let's say 4 quick 2 second pulls (pushing the button after 2 secs/each), the battery still cuts off after that 4th time you press the button.

I order some 510 cartomizers (2.8ohm) to try out with this as well, to see if there was any difference. Unfortunately, not much. Still barely any throat hit, not as much vapor, and unfortunately, neither in the 510 cartomizer nor the tank/atomizer combo, was the flavor carried anywhere near as well as in my kr808s. I dismissed this perhaps as a faulty battery, but I tried the other battery, and same exact results. Both were put freshly on the charger and read that they were fully charged after approximately 15 minutes (they came basically fully charged). Again, this is just my initial impressions, and hopefully over time, this will perform more satisfactorily. Nonetheless, I am thoroughly happy with the service and timeliness I've received with analog alternative, and will certainly not hesitate to order other (different) products from them as time goes on!

What are other people's thoughts that have bought this product?

free_roller

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
SE MI USA
Interesting that you are not getting the throat hit even with 36mg liquid. I realize that a good level of throat hit is somewhat subjective, but I find that with the throat hit a little harsh with 100% PG liquid that I have (much more than the 24mg cartomizers for the KR808D-1).

The cut-off reset isn't working because the model has a temperature sensor that is designed to shut off until it cools down. This is to avoid the atty from getting too hot and burning out and/or creating a burnt flavor. This feature may not be a hands down winner for all users as some people really like extremely long burns.

Please keep us posted on your thoughts about the product as you continue to use it.

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
i certainly will! thanks! just to add though, both batteries, when having no atomizer or cartomizer attached to them, still have a 7 second cutoff and no button reset, so i'm wondering how effective their temperature sensor is, if it's cutting off at the exact same amount when there is no hardware attached to it (hence, nothing that could be heating up or getting too hot). i tried this numerous times with both batteries to see how they'd react when nothing was attached, and they still cut off at the same exact time. did the manufacturer mention anything about that or no?

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
also, one other quick question. as far as their warranty (pretty generous warranty, i might add) is concerned. it says in the instruction manual to refer to the nearest "branch" or "supplier". i'm assuming these will hold up thru the warranty period, but as always, only time will tell! if something does happen to one of the warrantied parts during the period, what is the protocol? thanks in advance!

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
i certainly will! thanks! just to add though, both batteries, when having no atomizer or cartomizer attached to them, still have a 7 second cutoff and no button reset, so i'm wondering how effective their temperature sensor is, if it's cutting off at the exact same amount when there is no hardware attached to it (hence, nothing that could be heating up or getting too hot). i tried this numerous times with both batteries to see how they'd react when nothing was attached, and they still cut off at the same exact time. did the manufacturer mention anything about that or no?

There are two separate temp sensors...one for the battery and one for the atomizer, from what I understand. I have tried several different liquids with the Ramiya and I've noticed that they perform differently. My Malibu Menthol I get almost no throat hit and lower vapor. But the Menthol Ice I get almost too much throat hit and a lot more vapor. The Menthol Ice liquid is only 12mg as well...but it is a not clear. Malibu Menthol is clear. Not sure if that is the difference or not, but you should try some other liquids to find one that works well with the Ramiya.

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
in the last few hours i've tried a wide range of 36mg liquids... ranging from 100 pg to 70/30 pg/vg.... from tobacco dark colors, to menthol liquids, fruity flavors, sweet flavors,, 6-8 now so far.. they all result in lackluster vapor/flavor production and a barely noticeable throat hit :( the cutoff on both batteries, regardless of liquid and atty or cartomizer, is consistently at the 7 second mark. as well, within less than one day of use, the button now just goes dark as opposed to blinks 8 times when the cutoff is reached on one of the batteries.. so i may end up having to utilize that warranty sooner than i thought if it's a sign of bad things to come :( i do hope these get better, but after an afternoon and evening's worth of use, i'm just not seeing it.

free_roller

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
SE MI USA
in the last few hours i've tried a wide range of 36mg liquids... ranging from 100 pg to 70/30 pg/vg.... from tobacco dark colors, to menthol liquids, fruity flavors, sweet flavors,, 6-8 now so far.. they all result in lackluster vapor/flavor production and a barely noticeable throat hit :( the cutoff on both batteries, regardless of liquid and atty or cartomizer, is consistently at the 7 second mark. as well, within less than one day of use, the button now just goes dark as opposed to blinks 8 times when the cutoff is reached on one of the batteries.. so i may end up having to utilize that warranty sooner than i thought if it's a sign of bad things to come :( i do hope these get better, but after an afternoon and evening's worth of use, i'm just not seeing it.

Keep using the unit and see what happens. If the one battery doesn't perform like the other I am happy to take care of you on it. The bottom line is that I am not happy until you are satisfied.

I realize that you shouldn't need to clean out the atomizer yet, but perhaps you could go through the cleaning instructions in the manual just to rule it out.

I am most surprised by your experience that the unit has lackluster vapor production. It has been my experience that the vapor production is excellent with this battery/atomizer combo. What ohm atomizers are you accustomed to using? Have you tried any other EGO/510/Tank combos to compare this to?

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
i appreciate that! i still have hope for it. still need to give it time... when i say lackluster vapor, i should be more specific in saying that it's lackluster in comparison to my expectations, and what i get from a normal kr808d (horizontal coil) with cartomizer. i have not used another tank/ego combo, so it's true i have nothing to compare it to! as with everything, only time will tell. i realize sometimes these things have a breaking in period.

as far as ohm atomizers that i'm accustomed to using, i'm pretty much not accustomed to use any atomizers! haha.. mainly i have been using the 2 piece cartomizer/batt combo for the past 2 years, although i do have a regular 510 kit with atomizers (no idea what their resistance is), and frankly, i never had much luck with them either.

a couple questions/observations:

1) i am noticing that the atomizer has that kind of burnt/funky/primer taste right from the beginning. i certainly know this is not a problem specific to ramiya, as many atomizers have this issue at first. did you notice that these attys had primer on them?

2) using the 510 cartos that i got from you, i notice something interesting on the ramiya. it has almost like a wake up period. in other words, with the atty/tank that it comes with, as soon as i hit the button, you can hear the atty ignite and vaporize. but, when i use the carto, the first time i hit the button, there is a roughly 1.5-2 second lag period before the carto begins to be heated. this remains to be the same way, unless hitting the button within say 10-15 seconds at a time. have you noticed this? the unit obviously must detect that it's a carto vs the atty it comes with i'm guessing? or do you think it has something to do with threading?

also, the battery that i mentioned in the above post is working fine other than the not blinking at cutoff,,, but i will keep my eye on it and let you know. i just find it interesting that within 1 day of usage, the 2 batteries are already acting differently from one another. as i said before, i do have hope for the unit yet! and i will do as you suggested and clean out the attys and see what happens! thanks for your help!!

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL

That's really strange. Do you get all of your liquids from the same place? So far the best performing liquid I've used is Halo's Menthol Ice. I am in the process of cleaning my atomizer now and will try the Malibu Menthol when I'm finished to see if I see improved performance with that liquid with a freshly cleaned atomizer. I also have a KR808D-1 kit (Halo) and I get more vapor and a stronger throat hit from the Ramiya, although I still love the Halo too.

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
Okay...I just finished cleaning the atomizer and it made a HUGE difference in vapor production and throat hit using Malibu Menthol. I soaked the atomizer in hot water for 30 minutes or so and then blew it out according to instructions and wiped it down. I then put the cartridge in and held a paper towel close to the part of the atomizer that connects to the battery. I then blew into the cartridge as hard as I could to get any excess water out, wiped the battery end off really well and then put the e cig back together. I'm getting probably 5-6 times the vapor and throat hit with Malibu Menthol now compared to what I was before.

The instructions do suggest that you clean your atomizer at least once a week and that you should clean it before switching to another liquid. Based on what you have happening I think the problem is with your atomizers needing to be cleaned. I didn't have to clean mine upon arrival, but I have cleaned it twice now.

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
hmmm, interesting, i will try that out! but, i was getting this lackluster performance right from the very start with this atomizer, and i can't imagine the atty was dirty to begin with when sent to me?.... all my liquids are from differnt places (bloog, kbv, bwb, halo, vs etc.)

The instructions do suggest that you clean the atomizer when you switch liquids. I have heard cases of people needing to clean an atomizer when new once in awhile. Maybe that's all you are dealing with. Some of it might be flavor difference in liquids from cartomizers when using an atomizer. There is a difference in flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread