• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Random vent - about e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex Ave

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2012
Florida
I was posting this in another forum, and it wasnt even about this topic. I got off track...what me? NEVER!
And reminded myself of a local e-cig supplier that I ordered from, who I called (because they were local, and I wanted to pick something up that day if they had it) they guy told me to get my husband, and that they would explain to him, and therefore, my husband could help me. Ummm... EXCUSE ME?!?!?!

This is my one and only time that I've dealt with sexism in the e-cig business! I was BLOWN away.
Needless to say, I'd rather order from another state or country, than deal with this local SEXIST business.

I'm not giving their name as thats not who I am, and even negative attention, is attention that they do NOT deserve.

So my question is: have YOU had any discrimination as a woman in this e-cig world?

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
You've got to be kidding :facepalm:

I haven't run into that with e-cigs, though living in the deep south means that it happens in other areas. never fails to piss me off.

It might be worth writing a letter to the supplier, to let them know exactly why they will never get your business. It's possible that the remark was made by an employee and that the owners don't know that this type of thing occurred. And even if it was one of the owners, they should know that they lost business from it.

Sincronicity

Oct 13, 2012
Bug Tussle
Lex, did you happen to mention something in your conversation that would indicate you were married or have said you and your husband like this type of yadda yadda juice or hardware? Perhaps he was just trying to ensure you got what you needed. Not to say this is what took place. But it looks like from what you wrote, something was lost in the translation. It was clear as a bell to you, but on his end he's thinking, huh what?

Lex Ave

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2012
Florida
The only thing that I said when I spoke to him on the phone was that the reason I was purchasing from him was bc my husband purchased from them previously. Thats how they knew I was married.

CES - Its not worth writing a letter to the company, because lucky me, it WAS the owner of the company.
This incident happened several months ago, but just last week, we were driving to pick up our Christmas tree, my husband said "oh and thats where X has their store" Yeah...thanks but no thanks.

Luckily for me, I there are several vendors, e-liquid suppliers out there.
I'll just continue to buy from provape, vapebar, or libertyflights.

Wyniverrn

Dec 14, 2012
MouseTown, USA
Good lord...That's...That's beyond ridiculous. In such a progressive, forward-minded community as the e-cig business, you would think people would have better sense.

I smoke a pipe (trying to switch to vapeing), so I've encountered this kind of the in the tobacco world. It never fails, you're looking at a lovely pipe in the shop, and the shopkeep starts asking you about your boyfriend/husband's tastes. Best part is that when I would explain that (though I am married; thank you for noticing; isn't my ring pretty; don't you wish YOU had a girlfriend, you sexist pigman?) it's for me and I know perfectly well what I'm looking at and what I'm looking for, they always act so surprise. Even borderline offended, depending on how deep into the bible belt you go. :glare:

Well, here's hoping that the sexist pigman in your local shop goes right out of business for lack of civilized clientelle. Maybe then he'll learn some manners.

CanadianCow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2012
Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada
Never had the issue with the ecig world but I did have the problem when I went to go buy some bearings for my roller skates (I buy from a commercial bearing supply store instead of a skate shop). When the twit did the same thing with me I asked him to go grab his mommy because I didn't really want to deal with such a *little* boy (emphasis on the "little" with a quick glance down).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread