Status
Not open for further replies.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Very good - but it's far too sterile and easy now. Go back a few months and these were the operating parameters i faced:

Remove top cap from RM2 and loosen screws enough to get old coil out. Wash RM2 under tapwater with kids' toothbrush. Replace screw that went down sinkhole. Curse.

Cut about 3 inches of wire from the reel and skewer a piece of cotton yarn or silica with a darning needle to keep it straight. Chase the wick as it rotates round the needle and at the same time wrap about 4 wraps of wire on it. Make sure the spacing is all uneven and loose in places so as to choke the wick at strategic points.

If you used silica, blowtorch the entire wick and coil. Drop it fast and use pliers next time. Curse.

Fiddle for 15 minutes under bad light trying to get the ends of the coil in the little post holes. Then turn the RM2 round and put it in the right way this time, with the juice hole facing front. Curse.

Trim off excess wire and wick and stuff your coil roughly any old way in the RM2 - forget nice looking photo-opportunities - the name of the game here is to make it fit at all costs.

Reinstall the top cap and fire it up. Admire the 3 millisecond cloud before examining the cause of that rattling sound. Under no circumstances ever meter a coil - it's bad luck and shows a lack of confidence. Get up to replace collapsed spring and retrieve kanthal wire from sole of foot. Curse some more.

T

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
Thank you so much for your videos! I've already subscribed and been watching in anticipation of my first Reo and RM2. Got the local vape show guys to agree to teach me how to build coils, but I'm thinking after watching these videos, I won't need them.

Got my sterile rolled cotton, my tweezers, my mini screwdrivers - the kanthal from Rob coming with my order - I can't wait!

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Very good - but it's far too sterile and easy now. Go back a few months and these were the operating parameters i faced:

Remove top cap from RM2 and loosen screws enough to get old coil out. Wash RM2 under tapwater with kids' toothbrush. Replace screw that went down sinkhole. Curse.

Cut about 3 inches of wire from the reel and skewer a piece of cotton yarn or silica with a darning needle to keep it straight. Chase the wick as it rotates round the needle and at the same time wrap about 4 wraps of wire on it. Make sure the spacing is all uneven and loose in places so as to choke the wick at strategic points.

If you used silica, blowtorch the entire wick and coil. Drop it fast and use pliers next time. Curse.

Fiddle for 15 minutes under bad light trying to get the ends of the coil in the little post holes. Then turn the RM2 round and put it in the right way this time, with the juice hole facing front. Curse.

Trim off excess wire and wick and stuff your coil roughly any old way in the RM2 - forget nice looking photo-opportunities - the name of the game here is to make it fit at all costs.

Reinstall the top cap and fire it up. Admire the 3 millisecond cloud before examining the cause of that rattling sound. Under no circumstances ever meter a coil - it's bad luck and shows a lack of confidence. Get up to replace collapsed spring and retrieve kanthal wire from sole of foot. Curse some more.

T

Mr. T, how did the kids take that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread