Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Well there are one of 2 things probably happening here...

1) Just because the drop-in coil for a Brand A fits and works properly in Brand B's tank it doesn't necessarily mean that Brand A's RBA will fit or work in Brand B's tank. It might fit into the tank but it might not seal either at the chimney or at the base properly. Therefore leaking.

2) If #1 is not the issue, then your wicking is no good for that RBA or RTA. You have to play with it. Unless the RBA/RTA is defective, leaking is usually no doubt a wick problem. Usually not enough cotton or the cotton is not in the right place(s).

I wish I could help you figure it out but I have never actually used that RBA. I actually have it, but never used it.

If you post pictures of your current build from the side at the wick holes and from the top, maybe we can help you better.

UncleNoNo

Sep 11, 2020
    Montana
    Well there are one of 2 things probably happening here...

1) Just because the drop-in coil for a Brand A fits and works properly in Brand B's tank it doesn't necessarily mean that Brand A's RBA will fit or work in Brand B's tank. It might fit into the tank but it might not seal either at the chimney or at the base properly. Therefore leaking.

2) If #1 is not the issue, then your wicking is no good for that RBA or RTA. You have to play with it. Unless the RBA/RTA is defective, leaking is usually no doubt a wick problem. Usually not enough cotton or the cotton is not in the right place(s).

I wish I could help you figure it out but I have never actually used that RBA. I actually have it, but never used it.

If you post pictures of your current build from the side at the wick holes and from the top, maybe we can help you better.
    The stock coils only have tiny juice holes in the bottom but the rba has massive ones on the sides. So maybe It just isn't going to work. I am going to try to rebuild the stock ones. I got some old nr-r-nr wires from way back that should work and not burn the insulator. I think fasttech still even sells them.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    BTW: If I were you I would put the name of the RBA in the title. It will attract people who actually own it. Just go to thread tools and edit title. That's not a typical RBA because it is designed for vertical coils, but you can put horizontal coils in it apparently.

Here are some youtube videos on that specific RBA that might help

And there are more
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cubis+BF+RBA

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Reactions: HigherStateD

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The stock coils only have tiny juice holes in the bottom but the rba has massive ones on the sides. So maybe It just isn't going to work.

Not necessarily. You just have to work at it. But unfortunately you will likely waste juice before you get it right. I'd watch as many vids about it before you give up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread